Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!

Old 08-01-2017, 01:55 PM
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!

We are currently testing a new, simpler way to read S2KI: Infinite Scroll! Now, instead of needing to click "Next" in a thread to keep reading its posts, half of you will see a layout that automatically loads the next page of a thread as you scroll. We've also updated a few other parts of the layout so they remain easily accessible while you read, including access to thread search, a button to jump to the first unread post, and a Quick Reply box that lets you type a reply while scrolling through the thread. Here's a sample screenshot:

As mentioned above, Infinite Scroll is still in its testing phase. As such, you currently have 50/50 odds of seeing this design change. If you do, we'd love your feedback! Be it positive or negative, please don't hesitate to leave us your thoughts below. Likewise, we're happy to answer any questions you may have about the new functionality.

Thank you!
The following users liked this post:
d1rtyc4r (08-08-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 02:08 PM

Received 1,111 Likes on 989 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason
We are currently testing a new, simpler way to read S2KI: Infinite Scroll! Now, instead of needing to click "Next" in a thread to keep reading its posts, half of you will see a layout that automatically loads the next page of a thread as you scroll. We've also updated a few other parts of the layout so they remain easily accessible while you read, including access to thread search, a button to jump to the first unread post, and a Quick Reply box that lets you type a reply while scrolling through the thread. Here's a sample screenshot:

As mentioned above, Infinite Scroll is still in its testing phase. As such, you currently have 50/50 odds of seeing this design change. If you do, we'd love your feedback! Be it positive or negative, please don't hesitate to leave us your thoughts below. Likewise, we're happy to answer any questions you may have about the new functionality.

Thank you!
Im not seeing a 'quick reply' button anywhere, even in this thread. Also, not seeing the 'reply box' at the bottom (last post) in any threads.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:10 PM

Received 1,111 Likes on 989 Posts

Originally Posted by zdave87
Im not seeing a 'quick reply' button anywhere, even in this thread. Also, not seeing the 'reply box' at the bottom (last post) in any threads.
Just to add, I had to click the 'quote' button to even reply to this previous post and the one above.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:19 PM

Received 323 Likes on 274 Posts

My quick reply is on bottom right.
Levi
Old 08-01-2017, 02:44 PM
IB Staff

Quick Reply can be found in two spots. As was the case before Infinite Scroll, you can trigger Quick Reply by clicking the button in the cluster of buttons along the bottom right of any individual post (where quote, thanks, etc. are listed). Alternatively, our new sticky bottom bar also includes a Quick Reply button to the far left side. In either case, when you click one of these Quick Reply buttons, it'll open the reply box that previously existed at the bottom of the thread. The box now overlays along the lower portion of the screen, allowing you to continue to scroll through the thread as you type your reply. This can be useful if you're looking to reference a specific comment as you type out your response. You can also hide the box by clicking "Quick Reply" a second time.

Hope that helps!
The following users liked this post:
NNY S2k (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 04:27 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Looks like I got it and I like it!! I had my settings show 50 posts per pages, now this is even better!
Old 08-01-2017, 04:39 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Can the infinite scroll be a feature that we can turn off if we so choose? I find it really annoying. Much more so than clicking to a next page when looking through a thread.
The following 4 users liked this post by Manga_Spawn:
d1rtyc4r (08-08-2017), dane795 (08-14-2017), OAKOS Automotive (08-10-2017), ScottJ (08-03-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 04:52 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
Can the infinite scroll be a feature that we can turn off if we so choose? I find it really annoying. Much more so than clicking to a next page when looking through a thread.
You can opt out of the infinite scroll test by going to your User CP's Edit Options page and changing the Forum Skin setting from "Classic Next Gen 2.0" to "Classic Next Gen." But if you don't mind me asking, what specifically do you find annoying about it? We're using this test to collect feedback and improve the functionality, so the more detail you can provide, the better.
The following 2 users liked this post by IB Jason:
dane795 (08-14-2017), jeallen (08-15-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 07:46 PM

Received 4,989 Likes on 3,018 Posts

Seems to take forever for stuff to load (i.e., youtube links, etc.). As for the new features, I probably would not use or need any of them.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:22 PM

Received 1,415 Likes on 768 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Seems to take forever for stuff to load (i.e., youtube links, etc.). As for the new features, I probably would not use or need any of them.
Noticeably slower.

Quick Reply: Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!