Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!

Old 08-22-2017, 11:14 AM
IB Staff

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Unbeliever
Disabled this morning, but I'm on a different computer. Will check on my home computer this morning. If still enabled on that one, there may be a stale cookie that is not being cleared out by the skin switch.
Yes, that's my theory as well. I recommend clearing your cookies and cache on the initial computer. If the change doesn't kick in after that point, please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2017, 10:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It was the 3933_style_switcher cookie.

Killing that one killed infinite scroll on my home computer.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:01 AM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by Unbeliever
It was the 3933_style_switcher cookie.

Killing that one killed infinite scroll on my home computer.
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear the issue's now resolved for you.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is very nice feature. I would definitely use this.

Except when you scroll to fast, you have to scroll back up so the page would catch up
Old 08-31-2017, 02:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason
You can opt out of the infinite scroll test by going to your User CP's Edit Options page and changing the Forum Skin setting from "Classic Next Gen 2.0" to "Classic Next Gen." But if you don't mind me asking, what specifically do you find annoying about it? We're using this test to collect feedback and improve the functionality, so the more detail you can provide, the better.
Not a fan. I changed mine back as well. Please don't get rid of the classic next gen. With infinite scroll, when initially going into a thread that I've viewed before, if I click on last page it takes me to one post. Sometimes I want to scroll up a couple of posts that I may have read before, and when I do that the infinite scroll kicks in and I end up losing my place where I wanted to be on the thread.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:38 AM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by Vitt
Not a fan. I changed mine back as well. Please don't get rid of the classic next gen. With infinite scroll, when initially going into a thread that I've viewed before, if I click on last page it takes me to one post. Sometimes I want to scroll up a couple of posts that I may have read before, and when I do that the infinite scroll kicks in and I end up losing my place where I wanted to be on the thread.
Appreciate the feedback. The issue you're describing is likely due to images taking longer to load and pushing down the page as they do, but I'm happy to look into this a bit further. What browser are you using?
Old 09-01-2017, 07:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Appreciate the feedback. The issue you're describing is likely due to images taking longer to load and pushing down the page as they do, but I'm happy to look into this a bit further. What browser are you using?
You are probably correct about the pictures loading. I'm using Firefox. Haven't tried other browsers on my laptop but the same happens on Safari on iPhone 7.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:52 AM
JHo

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thank you again for all the feedback regarding infinite scroll. We heard you loud and clear regarding the functionality of related threads, ranging from the relevancy of those threads to how they're presented to you. While we work to improve this, we have decided to disable related threads for desktop infinite scroll. As long as you're logged in, you shouldn't see any thread beyond the one you explicitly chose to read. We have other adjustments coming down the pipe as well, including the return of the reply box at the end of a thread. Stay tuned!
Is here a plan to disable related threads on the mobile site? I still see them.
Old 09-03-2017, 03:32 AM

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by JHo
+1
Old 09-05-2017, 09:44 AM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by Vitt
You are probably correct about the pictures loading. I'm using Firefox. Haven't tried other browsers on my laptop but the same happens on Safari on iPhone 7.
Thanks, it unfortunately sounds like an issue that's dependent on other image hosts' load times. We'll investigate further to confirm.

Originally Posted by JHo
We don't currently have plans to disable related threads on the mobile site, but I'll pass along the suggestion. We're also looking at ways to improve how related threads work on mobile as a whole.

Quick Reply: Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!