Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Please Clarify the For Sale Forum Rules sticky

Old 03-30-2006, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by freq,Mar 30 2006, 06:13 AM
Done. It's pointless.
Indeed. It's not a rule that you can't link to external sites for non-commercial reasons. Allow me to recap the specifics:

Site rules:

Rule #1: Administrators and their agents (ie. Moderators) can do anything they like at any time for any reason or no reason at all
Rule #2: see Rule #1

Given the rule(s) you can think of everything else as "guidance" as given by the Administrators to the Moderators as to how we want them to moderate. We evaluate the performance of the Moderators based on how well they follow this guidance as one of a number of factors.

If you don't like how something is being done you bring it up with the Administrators here in this forum or by any of the other means you have to contact us (email, PM, telephone, carrier pigeon) and let us know. We can talk it over with you and the other members and if is appears we need to point the moderators along a new or changed path we will issue new guidance outlining what we (and the members by extension) want to see happen as we go forward.

If the membership is upset with the way a moderator is doing things then we can make adjustments.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually I am glad this is being discussed.

I personally think that the rules should be changed to no external linking of FS posts.

the site rules clearly state MEMBERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SELL ITEMS THEY DO NOT OWN - AND NOT ALLOWED TO SELL FOR OTHER MEMBERS/GUESTS.

As a moderator of the FS forum, I have no way of knowing that the offsite threads are the same person as the OP in the FS thread. How do I know the ebay auctions are the same person? (I dont have the time to check the legitimacy of each screen name and cross reference them).

As far as im concerned, this is a loophole in our system that will sooner or later be exploited - better to nip it in the bud now and set a precedent.

If someone obviously has the ability to creat a hyperlink to the other forum, its just as easy and even quicker to copy and paste the thread into s2ki

On a side note, I was on another forum yesterday checking out their FS section - they actually stipulate that people selling add a picture with the FS thread - each picture must contain a piece of paper with the forum name, date and username on it - so as to be sure those items are the property of the poster and in their posession at the time of sale.

Is that extreme? maybe, maybe not.

Freq: from reading your posts it appears you agree with the principle, just not that I closed it without the rule in effect - so im not really sure why you are arguing or what point you are trying to make - are you wanting the rules to be changed, or just ragging on my decisions??

either way, i thank you for starting the discussion as its something I was going to bring up to the other moderators and admin anyway