Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

S2KI maintaining S2000 registry

Old 05-14-2014, 02:54 PM

Received 192 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by sam_spider
The registry would need to be handled by Internet Brands, no one person should have access to it, or we end up in the same situation as are now.
I've been saying that for about 2 years now. I think IB should take ownership of it. I think IB should provide a location for it (either on their servers or on a google server with an account that IB controls). I think IB should dole out access to it as needed for maintenance. I think the information should be publicly available and all contributors should be made aware that their info is provided voluntarily. And I think it should be a web based form so owners can easily input the data directly themselves so as to minimize the amount of boring data entry work necessary. Updates or modifications should be done by IB or someone that IB assigns to that task.

Interest level of the S2ki constituency? Hard to say. Apparently the people who took the time to post in this thread would be interested in it. The last entry in the current spreadsheet is numbered 1610. If that represents the total number of people who have provided their info since this thing got started, then that means at least 1610 people have an interest in it.

The current format that is in the google docs spreadsheet contains only information that has been provided voluntarily by the owners. The only thing "personal" in there is the owner's name (screen name).

Owner
Model Year
Vin Number (last 4 digits only)
Exterior Color
Interior Color
City
State/Province/ County
Country
Original or disposal
Club Affiliation
Separated by
Count by Year
Old 05-16-2014, 04:32 AM

Received 323 Likes on 274 Posts

^^^Not to mention the 700+ entries in the Vintage "Did our cars meet before we did" thread and the entries made in the CR owners forum. I'm sure some of those people have moved on to another car.
Levi
Old 05-19-2014, 04:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So who makes a decision?
Old 05-20-2014, 03:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It would probably be sensible to involve the chairmen/chairwomen of each respective countries' owners club so they're aware, but I would be happy to assist with UK members cars.

I have been an S2000 owner for 8 years and would be happy to cover this for the UK Owners.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:55 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,616 Likes on 1,916 Posts

Originally Posted by J Schmidt
So who makes a decision?
Internet Brands & the Admins.