Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

Site maintenance this coming weekend

Old 02-25-2005, 11:49 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by freq,Feb 24 2005, 01:18 PM
As busy as the Del-Val isn't ......................... it wouldn't be too tough a task.
Joe, I'm not sure why you thought it's appropriate to bash the Del Val club on a thread on "Site Maintenance"....not to mention a personal attack on me (and Mike too, by implication). Would it not be more polite to raise your issues on the Del Val forum? After all, the last thread that you started there was in December 2004. There have been 50-60 additional Del Val threads since that posting. You started a total of two (2) Del Val threads in the last 3 months of 2004

To respond to your characteristically 'in your face' snide comments below:
*Please raise your hand the next time we need to replace one of the two diligent CO's on the Del Val forum; I'm sure that you'll get a lot of votes...
*Our geo area covers about a 50-100 miles radius from Philly....N/S/E/W. That's a "small geo area" in one of the densest areas of the US?
*Much to my satisfaction, there have been a good number of new, younger members in the Del Val club over the past months; and most all of them have initiated threads over the past months.
*If you want to see my posts on s2ki, you can do a search. How come you're ppd is 2.1 vs my 4.8....when you are so active in forums all over this site?

In conclusion, I would ask that you post your comments about the Delaware Valley forum at that location. Or else happily spend all of your time in the Metro NY forum. There's no need to make yourself feel important by taking the time of the Site Admin about local issues. The Del Val forum is in the top quarter of active USA forums and in no danger of death anytime soon.

cthree, that's not what I meant.

But, I had suggested it to the Del-Val people once before and it went over like a fart in church.

What I did mean was that being a CO in the Del-Val forum would take little to no effort since it is so dead.

My thoughts on why it's so dead are that it is such a small geographical area and that a lot of the original S2000 owners have sold their S and moved on to other vehicles.

I find myself visiting the NY Metro and Mid-A more than the Del-Val forum.

Ask Jerry his thoughts, I haven't seen him post in days maybe weeks.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:40 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Sorry Jerry.

It seems to me that our Del-Val forum is DEAD. Not just from a meet standpoint but from an "online community" standpoint. Nobody posts. Maybe it's just the demographics?

I'll ask.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:43 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by freq,Feb 25 2005, 04:40 PM
Sorry Jerry.

It seems to me that our Del-Val forum is DEAD. Not just from a meet standpoint but from an "online community" standpoint. Nobody posts. Maybe it's just the demographics?

I'll ask.
Ask not what the community do for you...ask what YOU CAN do for the community!
Old 02-25-2005, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes2k,Feb 25 2005, 09:43 PM
Ask not what the community do for you...ask what YOU CAN do for the community!
Old 02-25-2005, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by freq,Feb 25 2005, 05:40 PM
Sorry Jerry.

I'll ask.
FYI as one of those who have moved on.. one other thing you have to keep in mind is it is the middle of winter and things slow down , in spring you will notice a big pick up in activity... hows my car?
Old 02-25-2005, 04:36 PM

Received 467 Likes on 276 Posts

What is the S2ki server doing that it triggers a syn port attack alert with my McAfee firewall when I log in?

Please explain this?
Old 02-26-2005, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No idea, talk to McAfee or their Bombay-based tech-support hotline. We don't do anything but serve web pages.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you blinked you missed it. The master database has been fully copied to the search slave and is back online. Put your guns down and slowly walk away...

Search is going to be messed up for a while as I rebuild the indexes and so forth but posting and reading normally should be fine. If you see database errors popup occationally it's because of the search server being offline still.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:49 AM

Received 2,662 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Wow...that was fast. Thanks...
Old 02-26-2005, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

nice one cthree. let us know when search is back

Quick Reply: Site maintenance this coming weekend