Nitrous Decision... Yes? or No?

Old 09-23-2006, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is another one of those threads
Old 09-23-2006, 05:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GDM S2K,Sep 23 2006, 03:07 PM
Karma had nothign to do with it, the VQ motor is garbage
Karma aside, it's simply wrong to defraud the dealer. And you're right, karma has nothing to do with your decision to add nitrous to a car and then misrepresent the failure mode.

wil687 - enjoy the show.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Laguna,Sep 22 2006, 10:01 PM
should i put a nitrous kit in my car?
If you wanna fukc it up go for it, ive never been a Nitrous fan and never will be. I mean its cool to have power in a bottle but when that power in a bottle eats up your cilinder walls over time and cause serious damage to your block,rods,valves,etc.. its not worth it dude. Theres other routes you can go if your looking for power.....
Old 09-23-2006, 05:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CoralDoc,Sep 23 2006, 05:28 PM
Karma aside, it's simply wrong to defraud the dealer. And you're right, karma has nothing to do with your decision to add nitrous to a car and then misrepresent the failure mode.
Well said Josh, couldnt have said it better myself.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GDM S2K,Sep 23 2006, 08:41 PM
doesnt take a genious to figure out what most people would try to do.
I don't agree that it's most people, but certainly some people are unethical when it comes to car repairs under warrantee. That's one of the reasons it is difficult to have hassle-free engine (and transmission, and differential) warrantees for the S2000.
I guess everyone can afford to fix a motor for free. if you had the choice to get a free motor or pay 6 grand for one, your telling me you would pass on the free one?
First of all, I would never add nitrous or force induct my car unless I could afford to deal with the consequences of that. So no, I would not lie to the dealer to get a free engine. It's your choice to do otherwise, and it's my choice to honor the conditions that I accepted when I purchased my car. Removing nitrous from a car that suffered catastrophic engine failure is simply fraudulent behavior.

A friend of mine is on his third 350Z engine, so I know that they have their issues. His were replaced under warrantee.

I race a Miata so that I can afford to deal with unexpected failures. A replacement engine is about $500 from the junkyard or $2300 for a new longblock from Mazdaspeed, and I can afford either option.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:21 PM

If you are going to put nitrous on the car, do at least a wet kit. You should really pull a few degrees of timing down as well with some sort of engine management.

That being said...I'd never install a nitrous kit on this engine. The ring gap on this engine is tiny. The amount of heat generated by the engine even before nitrous is very high and you are adding a substantial amount more heat to the engine with nitrous. Plus you have 11:1 CR which makes things very hot as well as the overlap of the cams.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:08 PM

wow! i didnt think this topic would turn out to be a hit... but anyway. yea... i have had my doubts about nitrous... but you guys have changed my mind totally and now am considering selling it.

Danm it i really wanted that purge kit to just purge.That looks sick!

Basicaly the only thing i was looking forward too.

Oh and vielside? i kinda gathered that you werent to fond of nitrous when i mentioned to you that night
Old 09-24-2006, 11:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=Mr Laguna,Sep 24 2006, 12:08 AM] Danm it
Old 09-24-2006, 11:53 AM

huh?? you mean i could just install the purge kit to purge??? but what would i purge if i have no nitrous???? I dont understand it so explain it to me. if i remember correctly i think marcos told me something about that. So what would i be purging if i dont have the nitrous installed. pm me or just post it up..

Yeai wanted to get the nitrous just cause the way people react to the purge. please!! tell me how i could do it without spraying the nitrous into my engine..
Old 09-24-2006, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Laguna,Sep 24 2006, 11:53 AM
huh?? you mean i could just install the purge kit to purge??? but what would i purge if i have no nitrous???? I dont understand it so explain it to me. if i remember correctly i think marcos told me something about that. So what would i be purging if i dont have the nitrous installed. pm me or just post it up..

Yeai wanted to get the nitrous just cause the way people react to the purge. please!! tell me how i could do it without spraying the nitrous into my engine..
Well basically all that would happen is the Nitrous would travel directly to the purge sollenoid and it would end at the end of the tube coming out of the solenoid instead of then being routed to the engine. You could purge all day and no harm would come to the engine. Also, no warranties would be voided but you should still take it out if you needed to go to the dealer just so they wouldn't be suspicious of anything.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Decision... Yes? or No?