South Florida Owners from South Florida

Return Of The Dragon Run

Old 07-13-2004, 03:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Return Of The Dragon Run

**************Return of The Dragon******************

Dates: September 10, 11, & 12

Airgate will start the official thread in about a week. I would like to generate some interest from South Florida to see who wants to go to this.

Three of us Jerseygirl, KeithD, and I did the trek up in April. It certainly was a long drive up, but I must say after being up there the DRAGON and the scenery was well worth it.

Here is the story. The Dragon is an 11 mile stretch of road through the TN and North Carolina mountains that has 318 turns. It is truly like an 11 mile AutoX. The plan is we drive up on Friday, do the Dragon on Saturday (You can get in 3-4 runs on the Dragon), and then drive back on Sunday. It is roughly a 12 hour drive up.

Options are that we can break the drive up and back into 2 days. But, we can work that out later.

Please post here if you are interested in going. The total trip including fees, gas, hotel, and food should not be over $300. Fun however is unlimited!!! They are expecting over 100 S's to show up in the fall.

Deiger
Old 07-13-2004, 04:10 AM

I'm out for this trip. I am heading up there the 1st week fo Oct for vacation.

Mitch
Old 07-13-2004, 07:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Deiger, you beat me to posting about this!

So Fla guys & gals - if you only do one big event while you have your S, the Dragon is one where you are guaranteed to have a blast & experience something that's unlike anything in Florida!

As Deiger said, it's a long drive up there. For me, it was 880 miles from Ft. Lauderdale up to Knoxville. The drive can be done in one day's time, but that makes for a long day. Personally, I think this time I'd want to break up the drive into two days.

In April, there were over 80 S2000s there from all over the east coast & beyond. The event is really well put together. I'm sure Raul (Airgate) is going to out-do himself with this next event!

By the way, in addition to doing the Dragon, there's also the Cherola Skyway (sp?). A bunch of us did that after the morning at the Dragon. The Cherola Skyway has amazing views & lots of twisties!

For those of you who are thinking about it - trust me when I say you will have one of the best weekends of driving if you attend the next Dragon Ball Run!

See ya there!

~JerseyGirl~
Old 07-13-2004, 08:36 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm considering it... My deciding factor is miles, how many miles for the whole trip?
Old 07-13-2004, 08:56 AM

Probably about 2500 miles total. Once your up there the driving is less highway and more scenic. You cover a lot less ground in much more time. The Dragon is about a 40-50 minute drive from the hotel but only 35 or so miles. The dragon although only 11 miles long takes about 30 minutes to drive and most of the other parkways are 30 -50 MPH speeds. Think autocross and you'll be in the right mindset for the roads. You can't do more than 15 MPH around some of the corners and it still feels like your flying.

J
Old 07-13-2004, 09:48 AM

Sorry guys... But driving on that is not like an autox. Thats just the wrong analogy. Autocrosses are on flat surfaces, with chicanes/gates/slaloms that are much quicker and sharper, a lot more reaction versus contemplation and consequence.

On the Dragon, there are camber and off-camber turns, along with a lot of randomly increasing and decreasing radii. It would be more comparable to a circuit with elevation change, or even better a lot like driving a tarmac rally.

The roads are very good and it was a nice trip when I was up there. Its something most everyone would enjoy.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by KeithD,Jul 13 2004, 01:48 PM
Sorry guys... But driving on that is not like an autox. Thats just the wrong analogy. Autocrosses are on flat surfaces, with chicanes/gates/slaloms that are much quicker and sharper, a lot more reaction versus contemplation and consequence.

On the Dragon, there are camber and off-camber turns, along with a lot of randomly increasing and decreasing radii. It would be more comparable to a circuit with elevation change, or even better a lot like driving a tarmac rally.

The roads are very good and it was a nice trip when I was up there. Its something most everyone would enjoy.
Sorry guys...But having sex is not like making love. Thats just the wrong analogy. Love is on flat surfaces,with whispers/I love yous/ear nibbling that are much gentler and caring, a lot more caring verses raw animal feelings and shear passion.

On the sex, there are dildos and vibrators, along with a lot of randomly increasing and decreasing thrusts. It would be more comparable to a circus with midgets, or even better a lot like a Debbie does Dallas 500 rally.

The movements are very good and it was a nice trip when I got it up. It's something most everyone would enjoy.

Old 07-13-2004, 12:45 PM

Thats ing hilarious.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by rateds2k,Jul 13 2004, 03:02 PM
Sorry guys...But having sex is not like making love. Thats just the wrong analogy. Love is on flat surfaces,with whispers/I love yous/ear nibbling that are much gentler and caring, a lot more caring verses raw animal feelings and shear passion.

On the sex, there are dildos and vibrators, along with a lot of randomly increasing and decreasing thrusts. It would be more comparable to a circus with midgets, or even better a lot like a Debbie does Dallas 500 rally.

The movements are very good and it was a nice trip when I got it up. It's something most everyone would enjoy.
Amen, brother!!rofl

Deiger
Old 07-13-2004, 02:01 PM

Well Mav I stand corrected. As Keith points out its more like a circuit with elevation changes and consequences; and as Richie points out in either scenario your screwed if can't keep it in your lane. I hope the milage part helps.

J

Quick Reply: Return Of The Dragon Run