Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Car Control/Autocross School July 7th-8th, 2012

Old 06-22-2012, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Control/Autocross School July 7th-8th, 2012

Hey guys, as some of you may already know I'm president of a club called HADA Motorsport Club (previously an exclusive Honda/Acura Marque club). And as others may know I help co-organize and course design at the Push-It-To-The-Limit (PITL) Autocross Series that I know several forum members here attended a couple events ago and some still continue to come out.

Anyhow my club is running an AutoX school in two weekends, July 7th and 8th. This is a great way to drive your car at th elimit, in a safe environment, as well as learn a thing or two about it you can't (or rather shouldn't) get on the street. I've been doing AutoX and Single-Fastest-Lap Road Course competitions for 12 years now. AutoX is a great and cheap way to have fun with your car without beating on it too hard. Even if you don't think you need the autox education, we are holding a sandbox day on the sunday which is basically a "test and tune" where you can get all sorts of runs on an autox course (more than a usual competition event) outside of a competition environment. This is a great time to ride along with other drivers or have other more experienced drivers ride along with you to give you tips on how to be faster around a section of the course that's giving you trouble. We're also planning some tech sessions on changing pads/rotors as well as brake fluid flushing, data acquisition, and tire tech. 12 years ago I never turned a wrench on my car. Since getting involved in motorsport I've done it all short of welding body panels.

So please see the details below and if you're interested in either or both days, please let me know (PM or post or whatever), and get your registration in the mail ASAP as time is running out and space is limited to ensure enough one on one time throughout the weekend, otherwise we also have a Paypal account I can direct you to and you can just email me the registration form.

I think you'll also find out that if you want to do both days, it's just as cheap to join HADA and pay the HADA club member price.

===

HADA Motorsport Club Advanced Driver Training Session

Date: July 7, 2012
Location: Powerade Centre, 7575 Kennedy Road, Brampton Ontario, L6W 4T2
Price: $60, $50 for HADA members

Purpose:
To familiarize students to the advanced driving techniques applied in an autoslalom setting. Students will learn the basics of car control and how their inputs affect the control-ability of a car in at-the-limit conditions. The skills learned at this session will not only assist the student’s development in an autoslalom competition, but it will also improve the student’s daily driving routine and collision avoidance with more confidence and preparedness.

Execution:
Through various exercises, the student will learn how to:
- recognize oversteer and understeer
- understand weight transfer
- threshold brake without engaging ABS
- improve their vision
- visualize turn-in, apex, and turn out points
- determine braking points

The student will be given time to understand each exercise and all exercises will be applied via an autoslalom course.

Registration and Payment:
Download the registration form here and fill out all the fields. Completed forms can mailed to:

HADA Motorsport Club
100 City Centre Drive, Square One
P.O. Box 2030
Mississauga, ON
L5B 3C8

Payments can be made by cheque (made out to HADA Motorsport Club) and sent with the registration form. Payment can also be made at any social event (cash, cheque).

Please note - if you're mailing your form and payment, please send an email to autoslalom@hadamotorsport.com so we can confirm your registration.

Sandbox Day – July 8, 2012
Price: w/school $40, HADA members free

Essentially a day of fun runs where participants can test car set-ups and even participate in tech sessions, provided by lifetime members and club sponsors.

Sandbox is open to all HADA members in good standing, as well as school participants.

Tech Sessions (subject to change):
- changing brakes
- brake fluid flush
- data acquisition
- corner weighting
- tire tech (air pressures and tire temperatures)

Schedule of tech sessions will be announced the day of the event.

Resigtration and Payment: - see July 7th details above.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im tempted to do the autocross school, anyone else thinking about doing it?
Old 06-23-2012, 07:20 AM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

This was exactly what I was looking for ..now all i have to do is free some time up
Old 06-23-2012, 08:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to probably join HADA too. Taylor it is possible to do the form and everything and pay cash at the event? I also want to become a member of HADA.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by FluKy15
I'm going to probably join HADA too. Taylor it is possible to do the form and everything and pay cash at the event? I also want to become a member of HADA.
Hey Mike,
I'd like to say yes, but the age old issue is then I'd have to say yes to everyone and we can't simply hold spots for participants/students without registration and we have to cap the event based on our volunteer capabilities. We want to keep a good student/instructor ratio.

Having said that you can join the club online: http://dev.casc.on.ca/ and then you can get a spot for the second day. But of course you could also just email the form to Bryan there at the autoslalom@hadamotorsport.com email address. And then send in $100 ($50 for membership, $50 for day 1 reg for members, and free entry for members on Day 2) via paypal (use "payments@hadamotorsport.com"). Nice and easy from your desktop, guaranteed spot. The organizer might allow day-of registrations if there are spots available, but I can not recall any day-of vacancy at a GTA autoX school in the past 6 or so years.

Anyhow it would be great to see the both of you (and anyone else curious) there!
Old 06-23-2012, 01:13 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

If I become a member can I do just day 2? I've already done a couple of similar schools
Old 06-23-2012, 01:40 PM

i'm also considering going aswell. what time does both events run from?
Old 06-24-2012, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by afzan
If I become a member can I do just day 2? I've already done a couple of similar schools
Yup. Once your membership is submitted, just drop us a note on the forum (www.hadamotorsport.com) or autoslalom@hadamotorsport.com and indicate you want in on day 2.

Originally Posted by matt-p
I believe the schedule is 8:30 to 4:30 for Day 1. I would probably say that applies to day 2 as well as all drivers must be present for the drivers meeting. You may be able to get more exact information out of autoslalom@hadamotorsport.com
Old 06-24-2012, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by taylor
Originally Posted by afzan' timestamp='1340485996' post='21806064
Yup. Once your membership is submitted, just drop us a note on the forum (www.hadamotorsport.com) or autoslalom@hadamotorsport.com and indicate you want in on day 2.

Originally Posted by matt-p
I believe the schedule is 8:30 to 4:30 for Day 1. I would probably say that applies to day 2 as well as all drivers must be present for the drivers meeting. You may be able to get more exact information out of autoslalom@hadamotorsport.com
I tried to PM you but your box is full. Is this only open to S2000's? I drive an 09 Civic Si and was wondering if I would be able to participate in the Advanced Driver Training Session on July 7.

Also, are these types of sessions for modified cars or is stock acceptable?

Cheers,

-Tony
Old 06-24-2012, 04:09 PM

damit ! I have my m2 course that weekend

Quick Reply: Car Control/Autocross School July 7th-8th, 2012