Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

custom exhaust system maybe?

Old 02-09-2016, 10:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alSpeed2k
Hmmm, I wonder how much engineering actually does go into an exhaust? It's surprising that the exhaust companies don't have dyno sheets to show how much power is made (like K&N does for it's intake), whether the numbers are to believed or not, that's a different story, lol.
The issue i'm finding is that rarely does a company do a standardized test. Many factors play a part, Cat, Tune/AFR/Ignition, Temperature, etc.

You can install any exhaust you want, and keep the most restrictive part of the exhaust (cat), then you won't see much change.

OEM exhaust isn't even straight through and it produces good power, adding a straight through does little for power. It's been done a million times and nobody so far (except maybe Gernby) to show significant gains.

You're always chasing the weakest point, be in intake, manifold (intake/exhaust), Cat, exhaust, Tune. If you do all of the above you see a healthy gain, but only do one and you see minimal (except test pipe,+ a tune you pick up some good numbers).

Test pipe + Tune is the biggest bang for buck on this car, period.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iDomN8U
Originally Posted by A. Dos Santos' timestamp='1455038512' post='23875781
welp I don't think I'm gonna be able to do this for a while, my subaru $#!+box winterbeater is leaking both brake fluid and gas.

Why do I have such bad luck with brakes? 2/2 of my cars now have a leaking brake caliper from a failed seal on the piston.

if you're curious, I can still try to get a quote for you guys.
I've looked into this and almost gave up trying to find 70mm straight through mufflers (oval, not round).
Vibrant 1132 is what you are lookng for
Old 02-09-2016, 06:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RWDlover
Originally Posted by iDomN8U' timestamp='1455040077' post='23875809
[quote name='A. Dos Santos' timestamp='1455038512' post='23875781']
welp I don't think I'm gonna be able to do this for a while, my subaru $#!+box winterbeater is leaking both brake fluid and gas.

Why do I have such bad luck with brakes? 2/2 of my cars now have a leaking brake caliper from a failed seal on the piston.

if you're curious, I can still try to get a quote for you guys.
I've looked into this and almost gave up trying to find 70mm straight through mufflers (oval, not round).
Vibrant 1132 is what you are lookng for
[/quote]

For a muffler, but i'm pretty sure you couldn't fit that as a resonator without major clearance issues. The ultra quiet resonator series would be a better choice, however no 2.75"
Old 02-13-2016, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fujisubo dual. I'm tired of noisy exhausts...I dont even notice the Fuji...berk cat...no drone...
Old 02-13-2016, 06:09 PM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Totalpkg
Fujisubo dual. I'm tired of noisy exhausts...I dont even notice the Fuji...berk cat...no drone...
I think that's the problem isn't it.. You don't even notice it then what's the point of an exhaust which has a similar exhaust diameter to stock
Old 02-14-2016, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by kryptonite
I think that's the problem isn't it.. You don't even notice it then what's the point of an exhaust which has a similar exhaust diameter to stock
Someone didn't read OP
Old 02-14-2016, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by s2jizzer
Originally Posted by kryptonite' timestamp='1455419373' post='23880125
Someone didn't read OP
I read it...personally been there..done that...custom never fits properly...he said its ridiculously loud...he would be better off with a Fuji or the T1R sparrow...but from what I heard even that is annoying and drones...

Exhaust imo only makes a huge difference in charged applications...any changes I did was more for weight savings...at the end of the day I dont want to have a headache driving my car cause of the exhaust...on the track...yeah sure, but not on a daily driver. I think he would be better off looking for a quieter exhaust system than custom...but its his car....do what you want...
Old 02-14-2016, 05:13 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

I just made a 3" exhaust with only resonator in my build thread. Just posted a video for those interested.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by s2jizzer' timestamp='1455455783' post='23880294
[quote name='kryptonite' timestamp='1455419373' post='23880125']
Someone didn't read OP
I read it...personally been there..done that...custom never fits properly...he said its ridiculously loud...he would be better off with a Fuji or the T1R sparrow...but from what I heard even that is annoying and drones...

Exhaust imo only makes a huge difference in charged applications...any changes I did was more for weight savings...at the end of the day I dont want to have a headache driving my car cause of the exhaust...on the track...yeah sure, but not on a daily driver. I think he would be better off looking for a quieter exhaust system than custom...but its his car....do what you want...
[/quote]
How does custom never fit properly
Old 02-14-2016, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by s2jizzer
Originally Posted by Totalpkg' timestamp='1455459063' post='23880318
[quote name='s2jizzer' timestamp='1455455783' post='23880294']
[quote name='kryptonite' timestamp='1455419373' post='23880125']
Someone didn't read OP

[/quote]
How does custom never fit properly
[/quote]

My experience with custom exhaust...I'll never do custom...4 different custom exhaust on 4 different cars...rattles, exhaust hitting floor pans, shocks etc...

Quick Reply: custom exhaust system maybe?