Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Custom Turbo Build

Old 06-07-2016, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Turbo Build

Hey guys, just wanted to give an update on my progress with the turbo build. As you know Im a bit budgeted given my circumstances, so Ive been limited to sourcing used parts for my build. Just want to thank whoever has already given me heaps of advice.. (NickMysklys2k, Kryptonite, hussein, etc) it is very much appreciated and has really helped my approach. Hoping more can shed light/discussion on my approach and what I should keep in mind when finding more parts. I basically want to do as much as possible before I get this in for the install and tune, because I feel that where I will spend a lot of money, and I have to be prepared for it. just want to limit the amount of work for the final parts.

Parts I have so far

Garrett GT3076r ball bearing ( only 5000 km of use, and inspected by turbo specailist)
AFI twin scroll mani and DP
Full Blown Intercooler kit and piping
MVS Wastegate and dumptube
1000cc Injector ID
Synapse Blow valve

Where Im unsure...

Radiator - I see all types, slim alluminim single, double etc.
Oil cooler
oil / fuel lines
oil catch can?
thermostat?
oil temp sensor? Other sensors?
boost gauge? any will do?
AEM EMS - just trying to get my hands on a v1 for under $700. If I have to, Ill just buy a v2 for 1000-1200. Im prepared for this!

What else should I look to get before I take her in for final install . Im also prepared to be spending a bunch on odds and ends, but hopefully I can keep that to a minimum with better preparation..

Also if anyone is willing to help me with install of some of these items, please PM me. Only experienced enthusiasts however. Im not trying to skimp anywhere. Ill spend what I have to , but trying to be financially ... thrifty. Hah! Something tell me Turbo - s2000 - and thrifty dont belong in the same sentence. anyways you know what I mean. Cheers everyone, thanks in advance!
Old 06-08-2016, 08:04 PM

Hey guys, I have gotten a lot/ most of the info I was seeking over the past few days. thanks anyways for looking and sharing my journey!
Old 06-09-2016, 12:08 PM

Is the AFI manifold a t4 twin scroll? I didn't know they offered the gt30 in a t4 twin scroll, what's the a/r? Looking forward to your build!
Old 06-09-2016, 02:54 PM

Received 3,378 Likes on 2,454 Posts

Plan to get a good security /tracking system , boosted S2000's are disappearing like mad, and many boosted setups are easier to steal than Dodge Caravans. Given that your insurance isn't going to cover all of the mods you are putting into the car it would be a good investment to factor in some form of security upgrade. We see too many people invest thousands into their power mods and then they cheap out and neglect security upgrades.
Old 06-09-2016, 03:54 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Plan to get a good security /tracking system , boosted S2000's are disappearing like mad, and many boosted setups are easier to steal than Dodge Caravans. Given that your insurance isn't going to cover all of the mods you are putting into the car it would be a good investment to factor in some form of security upgrade.
Joey has a great point, try to see if Nick or someone else can help you with a disable switch although tracking would be better. Your build is going at a nice pace.

Nice meeting up with you yesterday for the trade.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:29 PM

Zero pt zero - Yes Ive definitely factored in both a disable switch and gps tracking into the final build. Definitey learned from previous mistakes.

Hussein - No my turbo is not twin scroll. Its a single scroll t3. I have a t3-t4 adapter. Ive researched its okay to have a twin scroll manifold with a single scroll turbo, but not so much the other way around. Although can anyone shed more light on this?

Todd - always good seein you man. Thanks for the trade, and tips for my wheels! I almost want to hold off on the project and just get them on my car asap! hah