Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Dealership horror story!!!!!!!!

Old 06-02-2002, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership horror story!!!!!!!!

arrgggggggg...............

ok stemming from my burnt headlight.

went 2 times where they diagnosed the problem as the inverter and not the bulb, following that i left the car a the car for a third time so they can install the inverter.

then i get a call thats its not the inverter its the bulb........ at this point i was steaming....i was like what the F#@k!!!!!!!!

i has already come in twice before to make sure that it wasnt the bulb and now you telling me it is the bulb!!!!!

so i head over to the dealership and i am really steamed.. I speak to the service manager and this guy is one piece of work....i come in all steamed and he tells me its gonna coist me 350 odd dollars to change the bulb.......im like "I aint paying, the bulb, the bnulb wasnt the problem and thats why you changed the inverter, and if it was indeed the bulb why does it flicker......
flicker he tells me??? im like ya....he like it doesnt flicker......

we went back and fourth for over an hour.... i lost control and so did my language.. we finally resl;ove it at hell call honda canada on monday to see what they can do for me!!!!!!

i go outside to inspect the car... i noticed that they did not line up the bumper correctly....... as if they installed the damn thing with there feet..........

i walk over to the service manager hand him my keys and tell the lewast he can do is put the bumper back on properlly.....

at this point my blood is at a BOIL!!!!!!!!

they take the car in and i wait another 15 minutes.... the macheanic pulls the car out and the service manager approaches me and tells me he notices that there is a factory paint defect in my paint.....im l;ike WHAT???????????

hes like 'its ok well fix it!!', im in poure shock........
i look at my car and they scratched the fron quarter panel right above the front bumper where i told them they didnt align it properly....
at this point i purely flip out!!!!!
im like.." do you think im a f#$^kin moron, why are you feeding me fairy tales, i just inspected my car and there was no paint defect....
you idiots clearly scratched the car and tried to use some rubbing compund to fix the scratch and it didnt work.....

I have never been treated like such a low class person in my entire life....... clearly this dealership is run by a buncha fools.....

im going to be calling Honda Canada tomorrow to file a huge complaint, this is not the first time i had a problem with these guys, but this was the last straw....
its one thing to damage someones car, but to LIE about how it was caused is purely dishonest and not ethical.. purely defeats the cause of a service department...

well as it stands now......im getting the bulb replaced for free, im getting the scratched they caused fixed as well as getting the bumper realigned because they were not able to get it on straight, and they even tried to tell me that thats the way the bumper is supposed to be.......ya right you F1@$ckin liars.....im also getting a rental car when the car goes in the shop........

i still feel as though im being cheated, we even brought out the mechanic who worked ont the car, and he a complete liar....he says that he never did it.... that the sratch was there.....funny though how the manager approached right away andf was willing to fix a paint defect, so i walked around my car pointing out ever scratch i have stating that, that to is a defect and needs to be fixed.....i slao pointed out the4 the rear windopw is foggy, and that is a defect and is to be replaced with a glass roof.................

anyhow still steamed......i think i dewserve more!!!!!!! what should i do???
Old 06-02-2002, 04:12 PM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Wow, I feel for ya

I had the same thing happen to my car within 6 months of ownership. First they said it was the bulb, turned out not to be, etc - but all warranty covered eventhough I was technically over the km limit. I think though that I was treated a bit better..what dealership was that? I never want to go there.

good luck in the future.
Old 06-02-2002, 07:28 PM

File complaint letters to Honda Canada, and any other Honda related departments.
File a report to Toronto's Better Business Bureaus

Here are some links that I hope can help you.

We have faced with these situations before with Volkwagon Dealers, they are total morons and a$$ lickers.

Canada http://www.canadiancouncilbbb.ca/
Toronto http://www.toronto.bbb.org/

Make sure you request that you don't bring it back to that specific dealer for the repairs

PS: which dealer was it? I will make sure I won't pay them a visit for whatever reason
Old 06-02-2002, 07:51 PM

Sorry to hear that sh~t. Which dealer is this? The complaint should be filed with Honda Canada but, I am afraid to say the only thing Honda Canada will do is give them a warning unless if there has been a history of complaints. It's sad but true.

Old 06-03-2002, 05:45 AM
Former Moderator

I want to give soem words of wisdom, but man..reading that pissed me off..I say get yourself a gun
Old 06-03-2002, 07:44 AM

still doesn't beat the fact that the place i got my car fixed at tried to start a physical fight with Rahul and my buddy Phil... all mechanics think they hold all the cards and assume that the customer is a dumbass... they only way to make sure ur not getting ripped off or ****ed over is to make friends with someone whos in the business...
Old 06-03-2002, 08:18 AM

Best way we can fight this is to boycott the offending dealers. Damn we have to find ONE good one that we all support!!!

Shvitz2k, please let us know which dealer this was!!!
Old 06-05-2002, 07:30 AM

gettin my car back today from the body shop...my fingers are crossed..
Old 06-06-2002, 09:26 PM

Originally posted by Shvitz2k
gettin my car back today from the body shop...my fingers are crossed..
hope everything worked out...

if you don't want to post in public which dealer it was, please PM us on the name.... there are 2 dealers in the GTA i wouldn't trust to bring my Honda in for them to look at...
Old 06-07-2002, 09:22 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

yeah i hate dealerships

dealerships are like high class women...
lots of money
lots of stress
lots of work
lots of excuses
but damn...if they f*ck up they give you what you want

Quick Reply: Dealership horror story!!!!!!!!