Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

GOOD paint?!

Old 08-02-2013, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GOOD paint?!

Pretty simple really... I'm looking into having my car sprayed a new colour and I need opinions on where to go for a GOOD paint job.
I live in Hamilton so the closer, the better.

I feel like almost anyone I ask can't give me the name of one really good shop that they'd recommend.
I just want to find a shop that I can trust will take care of my car and give it the attention to detail that I expect.

So, can anyone help with suggestions from personal or close experience?
Old 08-02-2013, 05:36 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This one is always tricky. Its hard to give a recommendation in case after its all over you don't like the finish and I'm pretty sure people don't want to risk the guilt.

I had my Prelude painted at Phoenix custom auto in Brampton. It cost me $2500 and they took off all the panels and even the windows so the job looked really good in that respect. No silly tape lines or over spray.

On the negative side, whoever shot the paint didn't do a perfect job. Normal peoples standards I'm sure they would say it looked good, but if you really inspect, there was pitting (little holes) in some places and even a uneven wave on the trunk. Hard to see, but it was there.

As I'm sure you know, the better the job, the more you pay (usually true). That is the only experience I have with having a car refinished.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the amount of money you are willing to spend would give a good idea of which places to recommend.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Himura357
This one is always tricky. Its hard to give a recommendation in case after its all over you don't like the finish and I'm pretty sure people don't want to risk the guilt.

I had my Prelude painted at Phoenix custom auto in Brampton. It cost me $2500 and they took off all the panels and even the windows so the job looked really good in that respect. No silly tape lines or over spray.

On the negative side, whoever shot the paint didn't do a perfect job. Normal peoples standards I'm sure they would say it looked good, but if you really inspect, there was pitting (little holes) in some places and even a uneven wave on the trunk. Hard to see, but it was there.

As I'm sure you know, the better the job, the more you pay (usually true). That is the only experience I have with having a car refinished.
Thanks for the feedback! I suppose that's why people are usually a little leery of suggesting one shop over another.
I think it's tough to be completely satisfied with every detail but like you said; it might have just been because you were the owner and
you're particular about that sort of thing.

Very much appreciate the response!
Old 08-02-2013, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by FluKy15
I think the amount of money you are willing to spend would give a good idea of which places to recommend.
I want suggestions of any places that people know produce GOOD paint work. I didn't mention cost because I don't exactly have a budget.
Obviously I have a minimal ballpark in my head but it's not completely relevant. I'm willing to pay for a job done right.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:35 PM

I'm looking for a good paint shop too. I can tell you where not to go though.

Stay away from silverline auto/Ronny in etobicoke. His work is complete garbage, he's sketchy and a shit talker. Don't let his low pricing lure you in.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by mitch rubbertramp
Very much appreciate the response!
No problem. I know how it is when people might recommend a shop but not go in to detail. When you are painting a car you want as much detail as you can get from people before you pull the trigger. Phoenix is pretty good but I know there are better shops, so when you go looking for one, ask them questions on how they work. Some shops even take pictures at all the stages of work.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Silvia_Drift
I'm looking for a good paint shop too. I can tell you where not to go though.

Stay away from silverline auto/Ronny in etobicoke. His work is complete garbage, he's sketchy and a shit talker. Don't let his low pricing lure you in.
This is helpful too. Knowing where not to go is just as important.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:51 AM

7-27 Auto Collision in Woodbridge
Get in touch with Joe
Old 08-03-2013, 02:11 PM

If you are willing to spend $5000 I'll shoot this guys number. He does custom painting on hot robs and pretty much anything. He quoted me 5k on my car to go from white to Monte Carlo blue.

Quick Reply: GOOD paint?!