Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Mississauga Honda!!!!

Old 07-29-2002, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mississauga Honda!!!!

I just recently moved to Mississauga so i decided to go there for my spark plug replacement and an oil change. Everything was great until i got there.

1) The guy was charging me $55+tax for an oil change! He said, it was a special honda oil. BS!! I've done a few oil changes at Castle Honda with excellent service, and they charged me under $30 every time!

2) The guy was extrememly rude and snotty!

3) I politely asked for a car wash. The service advisor first said that because my car was in for warranty work, he would not do it. Secondly, he said they charge $6.95 for a car wash!!!

4) The car was ready in 1hr 30min, he promised 30 min. Actually, the car was ready in 1 hr but they never came by and told me, so the car was sitting outside for 30min.

Where the heck is this coming from?? I have never felt so surprised at the degrading level of service this dealership was performing. I have driven Hondas/Acuras for years and have never come across so much BS and lack of customer service!!
Old 07-29-2002, 03:04 PM

Damn, I just read Comets post and now you have the same problem...feckin' dealers.

I have been going to Castle and am very happy. It might be worth the drive for you to go back to them. Like I said over in the other thread, we should try and support 1 dealer here in the GTA.
Old 07-29-2002, 04:22 PM

Yeah, it's quite ridiculous! Atleast, i did'nt get the oil change done. Now, i have to drive an hour to Castle Honda and get it done there.

Another thing i dont understand is why i am quoted one price and Comets is charged a completely different price!
Old 07-29-2002, 05:48 PM

ITR Racer,

I am going to call a few dealers tomorrow and see what their prices are at.

I don't know if Honda Canada would adjust any pricing, but I will call them tomorrow and complaint about my service.

I will follow up on my thread tomorrow and list all the prices for GTA dealers.
Old 07-29-2002, 06:07 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I read yours and comet's stories and it fills me with near rage. This is absolutely CRAP! Both of you should go directly to the General Manager of the dealership and lodge a formal complaint. Even have it in writing to hand to him for his records. Don't bother with the Service Manager. He's a nobody.
Years ago, I had a similar experience at the VW dealership. I was so incensed that I stomped directly to the G.M. He was very attentive and apologetic. The service guys got a talking to and I was offered the next oil change and service for free (not that I would ever let them touch my car again).
If you don't like this idea, you should get as many of the local owners together and all appear at the dealership at the same time to speak to the G.M. If I were there, I'd go with you. This is UNACCEPTABLE.
Old 07-30-2002, 02:45 AM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Nabeel: does Castle Honda have synthetic oil yet? I went there once, but had to go out and get my own oil and come back....such a hassle never went back......

I agree with Matrix though, we should all try to attend one (or 2 considering the size of the GTA, logisitics, etc.) dealership(s) only. Maybe we could approach a few, offer our business in exchange for set rates, being extremelly competitive ones and not to mention fair???
Old 07-30-2002, 04:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no idea if this will help but...
Years ago I was having problems with both of the Honda dealers that were close to me. I wanted to continue having a dealer work on my car but did not know where to turn. I went over to the local Acura dealer and explained the situation. They worked on my car for many years and I was very pleased with their professional attitude and level of skilled service. It was on a level much higher than the local Honda dealers were. Over the years they also performed warranty work on my Honda because as an Acura dealership they are authorized to do so. An Acura dealer might be another option that could be closer to you. Good luck!
Old 07-30-2002, 05:12 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LESISMOR
[B]I agree with Matrix though, we should all try to attend one (or 2 considering the size of the GTA, logisitics, etc.) dealership(s) only.
Old 07-30-2002, 05:46 AM

Spoke to Honda Customer Relations about the issue. He was quite surprised they were charging so much for an oil change and said he would file a complaint form towards Mississauga Honda.

He also mentioned, in 2001, they were using a 10W30 'energy conserving oil' and in 2002 they switched to a 10W30 'detergent oil'. He could not be more specific as he did not know the specs on either. He did say the prices between the two was very minimal, if any change at all.

He also said that the dealers are free to charge what they want because they work indepently. I find that surprisng because the dealerships are usually a reflection on the manufacturer. Anyways, he said there was nothing they could do except to document it.

Les, i'm not sure if Castle has synthetic or not. I've yet to go synthetic. I simply don't see the need. In general, its better to get your own case of synthetic anyways, because any dealer who has synthetic usually keep the cheapest kind.

Matrix, i don't mind going to 1 or 2 dealers but it just makes it much more difficult especially for people who live further away. Besides, we should'nt have to if the service was up to par!
Old 07-30-2002, 05:57 AM

ITR, I agree, but this is what we are faced with...

Quick Reply: Mississauga Honda!!!!