Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

New 2007

Old 07-23-2020, 03:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New 2007

Very pleased with my new 2007 Berlina Black. Going down the checkist, new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, ALL fluids replaced, valves adjusted, cabin filter replaced.
Cut and polish, full engine bay detail.

NEXT PROJECTS:

Full front PPF
New windhield
Regrease shifter
Replace Serpentine belt
Replace hoses
Retorque rear wheel nut (dealer gave me the blank stare...looking for mechanic)
Timing chain tensioner replacement (Billman won’t deal in Canada anymore....so either Ballade Sport or Toda)

Cheers

The following users liked this post:
Monopoly (07-23-2020)
Old 07-23-2020, 04:36 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,235 Likes on 1,079 Posts

Looks great (but don't they all!)

Just based on my 2006 and experience cleaned from the forum:

Full front PPF
New windhield
Regrease shifter
Replace Serpentine belt
Replace hoses
Timing chain tensioner replacement (Billman won’t deal in Canada anymore....so either Ballade Sport or Toda)
I assume "all fluids" included the engine antifreeze and the hydraulic fluids for brakes and clutch.

Due to potential reseal issues I'd not remove the windshield unless there are cracks; hoses are not a priority and are not trouble areas plus you'll be doing another coolant replacement; and I'd order the Toda TCT this week so it's here when needed. Serpentine belt change takes more time to describe the procedure than do it and the TCT doesn't take too much longer. When the Toda TCT comes please give us a write-up to help others excluded from the Billman marketing area.

Save some money for a highflow cat and Hondata FlashPro tune lowering the WOT VTEC to 3600rpm -- it will transform the car. FlashPro can reset the ECU when it comes time for the periodic emissions test.

-- Chuck
Old 07-23-2020, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Looks great (but don't they all!)

Just based on my 2006 and experience cleaned from the forum:

Full front PPF
New windhield
Regrease shifter
Replace Serpentine belt
Replace hoses
I assume "all fluids" included the engine antifreeze and the hydraulic fluids for brakes and clutch.

Due to potential reseal issues I'd not remove the windshield unless there are cracks; hoses are not a priority and are not trouble areas plus you'll be doing another coolant replacement; and I'd order the Toda TCT this week so it's here when needed. Serpentine belt change takes more time to describe the procedure than do it and the TCT doesn't take too much longer. When the Toda TCT comes please give us a write-up to help others excluded from the Billman marketing area.

Save some money for a highflow cat and Hondata FlashPro tune lowering the WOT VTEC to 3600rpm -- it will transform the car. FlashPro can reset the ECU when it comes time for the periodic emissions test.

-- Chuck
Hey Chuck!

The current windshield has a quarter (25 cents) size divot along with the usual pitting and hazing that comes with time. It’s not an OEM windshield. Will be replacing with a Honda OEM factory windshield.

Fluids: brake, clutch, rear diff, coolant and oil with S2000 filter

I agree hoses may not be a priority....it’s just that one guy said the hoses leaked on his 2005 and claims the coolant spray caused the red paint on his valve cover to start peeling. I may not proceed with this item....just getting a quote.

Sounds like you are not a fan of the Ballade Sports TCT....curious as to what you’ve heard.
Old 07-23-2020, 05:11 AM

Received 195 Likes on 132 Posts

Congrats on the new acquisition! You're in good company, lots of great s2000 enthusiasts here in southern Ontario.
S2KIBear (07-23-2020)
Old 07-23-2020, 08:43 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,235 Likes on 1,079 Posts

Got ya on the windshield. Perhaps I'm lucky my '06 is original and intact.

Ballade's reputation here for shady business has been a constant topic for years. I realize you've only been here since last month. Their TCT may have a slightly better than their general reputation but I'd not buy it based on how they run their business. Plenty of notes here but you can save yourself the doubt by avoiding them. The Toda TCT may have to come from Japan but it's only a 20 minute almost non-evasive job to install a TCT. Order and install when it comes. If your TCT isn't rattling it's fine. I did swap mine for Billman's as preventive maintenance.

One guy's experience with leaking hoses is a sample of one (1). Do your due diligence but OEM hose replacement is not a common occurrence. It is, however good preventive maintenance.

-- Chuck
Old 07-23-2020, 10:19 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Avoid ballade at all costs

billman WILL sell to Canadians if you send him a core TCT first @clubhopper has a spare he usually lends out to locals to send to billman for this purpose
S2KIBear (07-23-2020)
Old 07-23-2020, 12:07 PM

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Hello if interested and located in Southern Ontario I can lend you my spare core. I’ve done this many times for members so they can send the core to billman. Just give me your old tct when the billman comes in.

if you have WhatsApp there is also a WhatsApp Ontario s2000 group and if you haven’t joined already myself or Azfan can provide details

looks like a wonderful S you got there. Good work.
Old 07-23-2020, 12:13 PM

Received 3,774 Likes on 2,661 Posts

Looks great, congrats. Did you get the oem intake box with the purchase ? I wouldn't rush into the hose replacement unless you really want to do it, they look to be in great shape and likely have a long life left in them.
Old 07-23-2020, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by clubhopper
Hello if interested and located in Southern Ontario I can lend you my spare core. I’ve done this many times for members so they can send the core to billman. Just give me your old tct when the billman comes in.

if you have WhatsApp there is also a WhatsApp Ontario s2000 group and if you haven’t joined already myself or Azfan can provide details

looks like a wonderful S you got there. Good work.
That is a very generous offer! I sent a direct message to Billman about 3 weeks ago. I even offered to pick up from a US post office box I have. Maybe I misunderstood him but he sounded pretty adamant that he wasn’t dealing with Canadians anymore. Well it’s worth another polite attempt. I’m in the GTA. Cheers!
Old 07-23-2020, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Looks great, congrats. Did you get the oem intake box with the purchase ? I wouldn't rush into the hose replacement unless you really want to do it, they look to be in great shape and likely have a long life left in them.
Yes I have OEM intake and radio. Everything to bring it to 100% stock. The K&N sounds real sweet. The last time I drove an S2000 was over a decade ago...so can’t recall what the stock air intake sounds like.

The more I think about it, the less likely I am
to do the hoses. There are higher priority preventative maintenance items.

Quick Reply: New 2007