Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

New member - Not an s2k owner yet..

Old 03-13-2013, 10:51 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Old 03-17-2013, 02:52 PM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
Sorry guys my S2000 was regrettably sold on Saturday to a very nice gentlemen. There are great examples of s2000's out right now though. Best of luck finding an S2000...they are truly special cars. If I wasn't so madly in love with my new car (which I haven't even received yet) I would have never ever considered even trying to sell the S2000.

Just taking it out of storage to have it's oil changed made me questions whether getting rid of it was the right decision. Talk about a joy to own...
Congrats! Glad it's found a good owner!

Gonna be pickin' mine up in mid-April...can't wait!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you would be happy jumping ship to an S2000. I had a 2003 WRB WRX. I loved that car, it was great. However once the S2000 bug bit me and I came across a low mineage AP1, I gave her up. I don't regret a thing about it, the S2000 is an amazing car.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:03 AM

Someone that's a former Subaru owner, not a former s2000 owner, and back to being a Subaru owner (talk about full circle huh), I can say that you will love this car (the s2000) more than ever. Don't think about winter driving it through even if you are drift star. Everyone that I know personally that's driven their car either too early in the season or driven through winter have crashed their cars. If you plan to have a beater, try to make it a Suby as you will miss the AWD for those 2-3, maybe 4 days that it really snows in the winter.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:08 PM

Thanks all for the warm welcomes. I look forward to learning more and hopefully making it out to a few meets!

It'll be hard to tear away from my subaru hence why im hopin to do a trade one day, i think slipping into an s2k right away would ease my pain
Old 03-23-2013, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Seymor Butts
Someone that's a former Subaru owner, not a former s2000 owner, and back to being a Subaru owner (talk about full circle huh), I can say that you will love this car (the s2000) more than ever. Don't think about winter driving it through even if you are drift star. Everyone that I know personally that's driven their car either too early in the season or driven through winter have crashed their cars. If you plan to have a beater, try to make it a Suby as you will miss the AWD for those 2-3, maybe 4 days that it really snows in the winter.

False! You know me, and I've done 2 winters in the s2000 this year with Star Specs ... Lol.

I just avoided snowy roads and used TTC on those days. Last year I had snow tires on and drove it without issue in snow also. There are tons of rwd cars on the road that fair just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-23-2013, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Reapur
Originally Posted by Seymor Butts' timestamp='1363705421' post='22413245

False! You know me, and I've done 2 winters in the s2000 this year with Star Specs ... Lol.

I just avoided snowy roads and used TTC on those days. Last year I had snow tires on and drove it without issue in snow also. There are tons of rwd cars on the road that fair just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
OK OK I stand corrected.. But with that in mind, your odds are getting higher and higher against you lol

JK!
Old 06-07-2013, 04:35 PM

Heres a question, as a new member, I see there are 109 members listed. Out of the 109 how many have modified cars vs original cars. what is the average age of the membership?
Really just curious. We will see when we meet people over this summer, but thought I would ask.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by DAD1961
Heres a question, as a new member, I see there are 109 members listed. Out of the 109 how many have modified cars vs original cars. what is the average age of the membership?
Really just curious. We will see when we meet people over this summer, but thought I would ask.
I'm 25 and I'm still looking for an s2k for this season. I'm looking for one that is completely stock and has never been modified and in that case I'm looking at spending about 20-25k. Hope to come to the meets this summer
Old 06-07-2013, 09:31 PM

finding one that has never been modded will be a tall task. majority of people do a little bit of stuff to make it their own

Quick Reply: New member - Not an s2k owner yet..