Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Official Southern Ontario Chat Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 06:38 PM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Originally Posted by darcyw' timestamp='1461679554' post='23948684
[quote name='haga888' timestamp='1461197148' post='23944106']
Check this idiot in the Bentley out. He's making an illegal right turn from the left lane which fine I don't really care but you're not going to take my lane while you're doing it. So I make sure I hold my lane and stuff him into the Subaru. I guess he gets pissy that daddy didn't buy him his own lane so as I'm cruising to the stop he speeds around and jams his brakes. Probably scared the crap out of the guy pushing his baby in the stroller. But what I love is that he doesn't say or do shit until the light is turning green, then being a real tough guy finally wipes the sand out of his vagina and sticks his head out the window and gives me the finger. Then speeds off. Idiot.

[media]http://youtu.be/VCTJqLaZNMc[/media]
What in THE hell is my chauffeur doing with my Bentley? I'm going to have a talk with him today.

darcy
Darcy you better give Curt his walking papers and give him the bad news that he's fired.
[/quote]
Nope. I know Curt can stay in his lane even at a high rate of speed
Old 04-28-2016, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone had condensation on their tail lights? I swished some windex around in there yesterday but can't get them 100% dry, any suggestions other than taking them apart? My gaskets are brand new and no moisture when I washed the car just last couple days I noticed it, going to use the old gaskets too and double them up
Old 04-28-2016, 10:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by s2jizzer
Has anyone had condensation on their tail lights? I swished some windex around in there yesterday but can't get them 100% dry, any suggestions other than taking them apart? My gaskets are brand new and no moisture when I washed the car just last couple days I noticed it, going to use the old gaskets too and double them up
Double gasketing is a bad idea - it will make a worse seal. Try removing and checking for pinch points and replace the gasket if you have extras.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:26 AM

Received 90 Likes on 81 Posts

Likely not the gasket but where the lens meets the housing
Old 04-28-2016, 12:08 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes so I bought yours.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:01 PM

Received 3,470 Likes on 2,495 Posts

I had that about 5 years ago. I put the light housing that had the issue in the oven at 200 degrees F, as soon as the moisture disappears take it out and let it cool down. Then seal up the joint where the rear housing meets the clear lens all the way around using gasket sealer, I used the black permatex but you can use whatever sealant you like, clean up the excess so it looks neat, and let it cure. It's never leaked again since then and you can't see the sealant. Last year I drove about 8 hours in heavy rain and no sign of any leak/condensation even after 5 years of the repair.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by zenairdave
Originally Posted by s2jizzer' timestamp='1461864123' post='23951398
Yes so I bought yours.
No, I'm talking about the ap2 tail lights I bought and installed. The lights I sold you are practically brand new, if you do have any issues contact me personally instead of posting publicly to avoid making me look like an asshole
Old 04-28-2016, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Originally Posted by s2jizzer' timestamp='1461864123' post='23951398
I had that about 5 years ago. I put the light housing that had the issue in the oven at 200 degrees F, as soon as the moisture disappears take it out and let it cool down. Then seal up the joint where the rear housing meets the clear lens all the way around using gasket sealer, I used the black permatex but you can use whatever sealant you like, clean up the excess so it looks neat, and let it cure. It's never leaked again since then and you can't see the sealant. Last year I drove about 8 hours in heavy rain and no sign of any leak/condensation even after 5 years of the repair.
Sweet Joey, I guess I'll have to try that. I don't want to bake them and take them apart to risk cracking the lense, but I guess I could throw them in the oven when my parents aren't home hahaha.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I opened and resealed my headlights I used a heat gun and butyl. You likely wont even need any additional butyl as there is usually lots from the factory, reheating might be sufficient to let it reseal itself.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:48 PM

Received 3,470 Likes on 2,495 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero' timestamp='1461880875' post='23951679
[quote name='s2jizzer' timestamp='1461864123' post='23951398']
Sweet Joey, I guess I'll have to try that. I don't want to bake them and take them apart to risk cracking the lense, but I guess I could throw them in the oven when my parents aren't home hahaha.
[/quote]

I only had to put one housing in the oven, as only one light had water vapour in it. I sealed up the joint on both lights though. 200 degrees isn't overly hot so no fear of damage to them, place the light housing on a tray or cutting board or something. You might have to play with the temps a bit depending on the variance between ovens, maybe start a bit lower and work upwards if needed, like 150 degrees F, if the water vapour won't disappear then increase the temp. Once it gets up to the right temp the water vapour will disappear quickly. Keep a close eye on them. Don't use degrees Celsius, I'm talking degrees Fahrenheit.