Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Official Southern Ontario Chat Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 09:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by d1000rr
Riding in the GTA is pretty crazy... so much traffic, street car rails, people, street lights, etc...

If I lived in the GTA I wouldn't own a bike... driving a bike around in London is lot better... that's why I've ridden my bike twice to work this year

That's crazy to hear about the guy at Cayuga... I was planning on doing more track days on my bike but it's a lot of organizing and time commitment vs. doing track days in my car.

I'm hoping I can get out on the track with my bike soon.
It is and it isn't... Riding in the GTA I mean. A guy at my work claims that his ride from MIssissauga, to the Danforth (work) every day he gets cut off atleast two times, one way. Just recently, I've done the same trip, today all the way to Oakville, and was not cut off once. I even had cars move out of the way, or not change lanes into me, giving me space. On my way back home tonight, a car slowed down and gave me space on my bike. I sometimes wonder what the difference really is, how is it I have great experiences while riding, while others are getting cut off every time they ride?
Old 08-26-2016, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by haga888
From what I can tell, most organizers make you do a lot more prep to your bike to make it track ready than they do to your car (which seems to be nothing for the most part). Plus the fact it's probably not a great idea to ride to a track day, you have the whole trailer/van/truck issue.
A trailer that can tow a motorcycle is $20 per day from U-Haul so the trailer part isn't that much of a worry I'd hope. It's having a vehicle able to tow it. The track prep to the bike isn't all that much as far as I know . Water instead of coolant, remove mirrors, disconnect headlights. Did I miss anything? Haven't done a track day yet, that's next year! I did a 31 day trip to Europe this year instead
Old 08-27-2016, 05:29 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

That's pretty much it for most organizations. Maybe tape over the lights and some will make you remove your kickstand and silicone over your oil drain plug. It's not hard, you just have to make time for it.

If you end up doing a lot of track days on your bike I'd invest in a beater Astrovan or something of that size if you have space to park it. You can pick one up for a couple thousand and it'll fit a bike, toolbox, canopy, and all your gear. Plus it's waterproof and you can put a hitch on it if you need to drag more bikes.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:43 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Honestly, when riding a bike... it all boils down to your driving/riding skill and awareness.
There are some people that are naturally good and driving a car and or riding a bike, and there's the latter that have no right or coordination to do either.

I have friends that own bikes that have failed their G2 test back in the day. When I drive with them in their car, they're not aware of their surroundings (people, other cars, etc...) and I always wonder how the fvck they ride bikes and not die....

Some people are born with a knack to ride/drive a car well ... and some people aren't.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:55 AM

That's pretty much it for most organizations. Maybe tape over the lights and some will make you remove your kickstand and silicone over your oil drain plug. It's not hard, you just have to make time for it.

If you end up doing a lot of track days on your bike I'd invest in a beater Astrovan or something of that size if you have space to park it. You can pick one up for a couple thousand and it'll fit a bike, toolbox, canopy, and all your gear. Plus it's waterproof and you can put a hitch on it if you need to drag more bikes.
I already have a trailer of my own so transporting the motorcycle is no issue whatsoever at this point. Carrying all the gear and more isn't an issue either luckily.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:22 PM

Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

How much do mint AP1 headlights go for? $750?

I'm trying to find some AP2 headlights and a front bumper, so once I do mine will be for sale along with my bumper/lip.
Old 08-29-2016, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by fernando.
How much do mint AP1 headlights go for? $750?

I'm trying to find some AP2 headlights and a front bumper, so once I do mine will be for sale along with my bumper/lip.
Depends if someone really needs a set. I had mine listed for $700 for a while, mint shape, no broken tabs, clear lenses and I got zero bites. I have noticed a lot of headlights i do see for sale have st least one broken tab so that might help your case. Maybe things have gone up a little in price?
Old 08-29-2016, 07:02 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I felt very safe with Captain America patrolling the highways.

Name:  13189B7C-7CCD-4798-9A61-654F25F98B65_zpsvegtye5n.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  134.8 KB
Old 08-29-2016, 08:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I felt very safe with Captain America patrolling the highways.

Nice backpack! Where was this?
Old 08-29-2016, 09:29 AM

Looks like 404 going south is my guess