Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Opinions on Spoiler, front lip and exhaust

Old 01-28-2016, 08:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an oem thing spoiler from ebay. it fits and paint matches perfectly
Old 01-29-2016, 05:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) Get the rear OEM spoiler from oem.thing - I plan on ordering one in the next few weeks. Seen a few in person and it's 9.5/10 in terms of paint match and fitment.

2) I am anal about fitment especially in an area people will look at the most so I picked up an OEM AP2 Front Lip last year. Came to about $600~ CDN after tax. Can't go wrong with it since it comes with all hardware, perfect paint match and fitment

3) UK Mod for stock or you can just get a HFC + K&N FIPK if you want a bit more noise. I personally plan on the HKS Single + Test Pipe since I can't stand the in-cabin drone.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Sorry to bump an old thread. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with an oem.thing spoiler but in ryp?

I searched online and people have said that the color is a bit off? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks for your time!
Old 02-29-2016, 08:17 AM

I think you'll be fine ordering online with the above suggestions. Depending on the condition of your car's paint, the spoiler one may be slightly off, but hardly noticeable I would think.

To the OP - I ordered a BaysonR lip ($42 USD + shipping to Toronto, came up to about $82 USD, and received within a week of ordering), fitment looked spot on when I mounted it. It comes with a pack of mounting hardware, and holes for you to drill into, which is nice. Much more than I expected - I was expecting just a lip and planned on drilling holes on my own). I'll be painting this myself with rattle can spray from Cawthra Automotive (provide them with colour code and they'll mix it up). It'll get banged up, so I don't want to spend the money on getting a shop to professionally paint it.

Although - I may consider having a shop clear-coat is professionally - anyone know of a shop in Mississauga? I'm hoping they charge a small fee as they can spray it while they're clear-coating a car.
Old 02-29-2016, 01:20 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

You can get the rattle can clearcoat lacquer when you buy your colormatched paint. All you would need to do is apply about 4-5 fairly light coats and wetsand with 2000 grit and buff once fully cured. You will be amazed with your results.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:13 PM

I have an oem rear spoiler in the box, but I don't want to drill holes in the trunk or cut the studs off it. I am thinking about buying a knockoff/replica from oem thing to try out because it is so cheap and little commitment. My car is white so I am expecting a paint variance, but I am thinking it can't be bad since it is a small part of the car on the trunk it may not be noticeable.

Clearance is not an issue IMO for the front lip, it's usually the plastic flaps in front of then wheels that make noise first. If you are low on speed bumps you'll end up scraping the exhaust on the car before the lip. (oem wheels and exhaust)

If your car is an 06+ and you're considering flash pro with a HFC, it will definitely change the sound of the exhaust.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:31 AM

Received 1,134 Likes on 997 Posts

I feel the same way about the OEM rear deck lid spoiler. But I caught my credit card on-line ordering an eBay replica spoiler over the weekend! Darn card did this all by itself. Really!

The Invidia Q300 exhaust behind a Berk high-flow cat was horrible. Never tried it with the stock cat. The Tanabe Medalion Touring exhaust and the same cat is wonderful. Especially with a Gernby Flash-Pro tune and a 3600 rpm VTEC.

Hear any exhaust you contemplate on a car before spending the money. Sound clips are useless. I was unable to so went with recommendations on the Q300. Lasted maybe a month.

-- Chuck
Old 03-02-2016, 04:11 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

This is the eBay replica I bought.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:20 PM

Hey Nick,
Is a stick on? Which supplier did you get it from? I've always wanted one.Can you provide a link? Hopefully their BB colour matches well.
Thanks
Gord
Old 03-03-2016, 05:43 AM

OK oem.thing it is. One more question. Did everyone bolt it on or adhesive only or both?

Thx
Jimbo

Quick Reply: Opinions on Spoiler, front lip and exhaust