Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Proud New Father to a Bouncing Baby Integra GSR

Old 01-12-2019, 02:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
That would be great. The engine head is torn apart right now and the car is up on jackstands while doing a timing belt/water pump and alternator replacement. I hope to get moving on this and getting it done this weekend if the temps don't get too cold.

I'd love the see the Type R.
brotha! I’ll text you soon - looking forward to see you and the Teg!
Old 04-19-2019, 10:19 AM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

It took all winter to get the timing belt swap done due to it being too damn cold in the garage. Along with the timing belt it got a new water pump, tensioner, intake box, alternator, fuel injectors, a/c idler pulley, and 3 accessory belts. New trunk mat installed, and new interior custom mats on order.

The new WRX makes the Integra feel so slow, but the climb to the 8100 rpm redline is still hard to beat by modern engines. It definitely keeps up in the handling and braking department. With it's low slung front hood, it feels very go-kart like. This build is done, hope to see some of you guys at a local track this year, it should work well at the track.

Old 04-19-2019, 10:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm jealous of yours! I just had my timing belt and water pump done too. I got a kit from timingbeltkit.com and it came with all drive belts, spark seals, and a cam seal on top. Recent work for me has been: new air filter, rear tail light gaskets, headlight polish, tail light condensation removal, spark plugs and full fluid change. Next up are the motor/transmission mounts, fuel filter, and possibly the rear trailing arm bushings.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by ndushenko
I'm jealous of yours! I just had my timing belt and water pump done too. I got a kit from timingbeltkit.com and it came with all drive belts, spark seals, and a cam seal on top. Recent work for me has been: new air filter, rear tail light gaskets, headlight polish, tail light condensation removal, spark plugs and full fluid change. Next up are the motor/transmission mounts, fuel filter, and possibly the rear trailing arm bushings.
Thanks bud !, I should bring it back to your place and let Anthony compare the differences since he last seen it , lol

I can relate to all of your repairs, I've had to do most of them too. I did the all of the engine and tranny mounts too. My trailing arm bushings are slightly torn and will need to be replaced, but I need to get the right tool for them, so they are on hold right now.

I need to get a high flow cat as this test pipe stuff smells terrible, it performs well with the test pipe but I can't stand the smell. I want to adjust the steering rack next, this car has variable assist steering, but mine has too much assist at highway speeds when it should be much lower/stiffer. I just need to get the proper sized tool to adjust the rack.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:03 PM

Received 349 Likes on 325 Posts

Don't need a tool for RTA bushes other than a hammer
Old 04-19-2019, 01:17 PM

Received 349 Likes on 325 Posts

Also no need to remove arms,can be done in situ
Old 04-19-2019, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by noodels
Also no need to remove arms,can be done in situ
Thanks, yeah Ive seen that done by some people, there is a specific tool available that makes the install much easier but the tool is expensive. I may try the hammer method when I get time. Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:09 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

Joey, I have that tool. But my Honda tech guy says they just bang them out, then bang them in.

darcy
Old 04-21-2019, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by darcyw
Joey, I have that tool. But my Honda tech guy says they just bang them out, then bang them in.

darcy
ah very cool Darcy, I should have figured you might have one lol, maybe I can borrow it some day. I know banging them out is easy enough, but I seen a couple videos where it was a bit tricky getting the new parts in, the tool is just much easier to use from what I've seen. Nice meeting up yesterday.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LHT just started an Integra GSR build, might be useful reference

Quick Reply: Proud New Father to a Bouncing Baby Integra GSR