Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Speedstar Installation Sale.....

Old 02-23-2012, 05:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bwaaaahhhhhhh
Originally Posted by CLEANs2000' timestamp='1330003054' post='21442287
i asked them for a quote on swapping a diff... like literally just pulling it off and putting another one on. They quoted me with there sale $180 .......................................... i was told my one of my buddies that it calls for 2 hours of labour so would come out to 160... and that's their regular price. :s... maybe its considered an overhaul service. They didnt tell me though, the email clearly stated it was with the sale price.

Maybe they're including the cost of taking off seized bolts... even if they aren't seized...
no it wasn't ... there was a little notation left in the bottom that specifically says

*price not including seized bolts* and it was specified that the diff was already assembled so no they don't think they have to disassemble it
Old 02-23-2012, 05:43 AM

Also got the email, seems like a nice deal and Albert is a great guy.

Thinking about scooping up some adj. front ball joints to put on the car, get them done on this deal....maybe do brakes while at it...hrmm.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:51 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by revmatch

Thinking about scooping up some adj. front ball joints to put on the car, get them done on this deal....maybe do brakes while at it...hrmm.
I think their alignments are discounted too, so you could get a pretty good deal on the package.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by JFUSION
Originally Posted by revmatch' timestamp='1330008231' post='21442535

I think their alignments are discounted too, so you could get a pretty good deal on the package.
for sure!
Old 02-23-2012, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by CLEANs2000
Originally Posted by Bwaaaahhhhhhh' timestamp='1330004580' post='21442340
[quote name='CLEANs2000' timestamp='1330003054' post='21442287']
i asked them for a quote on swapping a diff... like literally just pulling it off and putting another one on. They quoted me with there sale $180 .......................................... i was told my one of my buddies that it calls for 2 hours of labour so would come out to 160... and that's their regular price. :s... maybe its considered an overhaul service. They didnt tell me though, the email clearly stated it was with the sale price.

Maybe they're including the cost of taking off seized bolts... even if they aren't seized...
no it wasn't ... there was a little notation left in the bottom that specifically says

*price not including seized bolts* and it was specified that the diff was already assembled so no they don't think they have to disassemble it
[/quote]

Maybe its time you found a shop that honours their own promotions. They might be charging you a "silly white boy" tax... Or it might be possible the person you spoke to on the phone had no idea what he was talking about, or maybe it was both combined?
Old 02-23-2012, 07:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too bad my car is in storage until April. I've had an AP1 flywheel I bought from Chirs sitting in my room for over a year, and I need a new clutch. Oh well will have to pay full price I guess.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by SpidArman
Too bad my car is in storage until April. I've had an AP1 flywheel I bought from Chirs sitting in my room for over a year, and I need a new clutch. Oh well will have to pay full price I guess.
im sure you could pull your car out of storage before the 18th of march to get it done and drop it back in for the rest of the month or even just keep it out... could look at the weather to find a good day to take it out..
Old 02-23-2012, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by SpidArman
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, the winter this year hasn't even started yet really, its been above freezing all week and after the storm tomorrow it should return back to weather like we've been having...
Old 02-24-2012, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by CLEANs2000' timestamp='1330006271' post='21442406
[quote name='Bwaaaahhhhhhh' timestamp='1330004580' post='21442340']

[/quote]

Maybe its time you found a shop that honours their own promotions. They might be charging you a "silly white boy" tax... Or it might be possible the person you spoke to on the phone had no idea what he was talking about, or maybe it was both combined?
[/quote]

lmao ... nahhh speedstar is a good reputable shop that has been a big part of our s2ki community.... i doubt their racist ahaaha. And the person that responded to my email is one of the head guys soooo. Meh i have no issues with going somewhere else.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by CLEANs2000' timestamp='1330006271' post='21442406
[quote name='Bwaaaahhhhhhh' timestamp='1330004580' post='21442340']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Quick Reply: Speedstar Installation Sale.....