Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Traffic Tickets

Old 04-11-2012, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

78 km/h in a 50 zone is some serious stuff, but its alright because i have deep pockets!

rickshaw your a joke.

Thanks Seymor! Thats' exactly what a friend of mine told me to do.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:53 AM

http://www.ticketcombat.com/

check this site out. i learned everything i know from there and got myself and a friend out of a ticket before.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by jdmap2cr
78 km/h in a 50 zone is some serious stuff, but its alright because i have deep pockets!

rickshaw your a joke.

Good luck with it!!
Old 04-11-2012, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by jdmap2cr

rickshaw your a joke.

My mistake......you're right!!!! 78 in a 50 isn't that serious (such as in a school zone or residential area). Why even bother with speed limits on streets at all? Like I said, be a MAN, and live with the consequences, unless you actually weren't doing 78 in a 50 zone. It isn't that serious or is it?
Old 04-11-2012, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by rickshaw
Originally Posted by jdmap2cr' timestamp='1334165667' post='21597927

rickshaw your a joke.

My mistake......you're right!!!! 78 in a 50 isn't that serious (such as in a school zone or residential area). Why even bother with speed limits on streets at all? Like I said, be a MAN, and live with the consequences, unless you actually weren't doing 78 in a 50 zone. It isn't that serious or is it?
If you want to get into a debate over speed limits, please explain to me why insurance companies will apply the same consequences to your policy if no matter if you are charged 1 km/h over the limit or 49 km/h over the limit.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Seymor Butts
Originally Posted by rickshaw' timestamp='1334169695' post='21598187
[quote name='jdmap2cr' timestamp='1334165667' post='21597927']

rickshaw your a joke.

If you want to get into a debate over speed limits, please explain to me why insurance companies will apply the same consequences to your policy if no matter if you are charged 1 km/h over the limit or 49 km/h over the limit.
[/quote]

That is by policy of the insurance company of which insures you. They determine what is minor and what is major. MTO determine how serious an offences is by terms of adding demerit points to your driver license depending on the offense. Speeding 28 over is definitely excessive, but it happens. No one wants a insurance increase, regardless if you deserve it or not; I know I don't. People should take responsible for their mistake, it shows maturity. Of course everyone is permitted the legal right to question the evidence of the officer regardless if they know if they committed the infraction or not.

Good luck regardless.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Seymor Butts
^ wow haters really gonna hate eh..

To the OP:
- to request a court date
- once court date comes in the mail, right away go back and request "disclosure" which is a word for the evidence they have against you
- make sure to ask and SAVE a copy of the disclosure request form with their stamp on it dated that states that they got your request
- if disclosure comes in, hire a paralegal
- if no disclosure comes in, go to your court date, bring your copy of the disclosure request form and state that there is no evidence against you and that charge should be withdrawn. win.
Good advice. But I would for go the paralegal as the cost of the paralegal will be more then the ticket and that doesn't mean you will get out of the ticket anyways.

Go with the new option and talk to the crown, they will reduce your fine and if it's under 16, no points and FROM MY EXPERIENCE no rate increase as it's minor and they won't care. Hell they don't even care about 1 major
Old 04-11-2012, 04:10 PM

OTT legal scarborough office and ask for "chris". I had 2 29 over's and used them both times and it got "dropped". Both times the cop didn't show up, not sure if that's a coincidence since I hired them or I got lucky with cops not showing up. I think it was $230 each time.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by iDomN8U
Originally Posted by Seymor Butts' timestamp='1334165586' post='21597926
^ wow haters really gonna hate eh..

To the OP:
- to request a court date
- once court date comes in the mail, right away go back and request "disclosure" which is a word for the evidence they have against you
- make sure to ask and SAVE a copy of the disclosure request form with their stamp on it dated that states that they got your request
- if disclosure comes in, hire a paralegal
- if no disclosure comes in, go to your court date, bring your copy of the disclosure request form and state that there is no evidence against you and that charge should be withdrawn. win.
Good advice. But I would for go the paralegal as the cost of the paralegal will be more then the ticket and that doesn't mean you will get out of the ticket anyways.

Go with the new option and talk to the crown, they will reduce your fine and if it's under 16, no points and FROM MY EXPERIENCE no rate increase as it's minor and they won't care. Hell they don't even care about 1 major

I would check with your insurance co re: the major and minor thing. Back in the day I got screwed over with minor offences - not having up to date ins papers in my grandmas car and her plate sticker was expired. The insurance company did not like that one bit. Regardless of the ticket, they said if it was minor it's still an infraction that increases my rates - and it did increase my rates.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:42 AM

The assumption here is that "If this is the case for me, then it's probably true for everyone!" haha got to love that. Fact is all insurance companies treat tickets differently in terms of what they let go and what they don't. Very few companies let you off on your first ticket. Also a MAJOR MOVING VIOLATION is considered something like wreckless driving, speeding 50hm/h+, unsafe lane change/turn/whatever resulting in collision, etc. All speeding infractions up to 49km/h are considered MINOR moving violations.

Quick Reply: Traffic Tickets