Sponsor S2000 Accessory and S2000 Style Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Accessories and S2000 Styling products

Alloy Craft Radiator cooling panel

Old 06-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

bumptastic
Old 06-15-2011, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is the polished one still available?
Old 06-15-2011, 02:24 PM

if so please PM me..cash in hand..
Old 06-15-2011, 03:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Squeegie
if so please PM me..cash in hand..
Sorry the polished radiator panles are out of stock should be back instock in a couple of weeks. I do have polished fuse box heat shields and spark plug covers instock though.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:30 AM

Do you have black in stock?
Old 06-26-2011, 08:13 AM
Former Sponsor

The only version I dont have in stock is the polished stainless, all others are avaliable ready to ship.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man, this did not fit as well as i thought it would with my stock hood. with the stock latch position, it would not close. raised it a little and it closes but the top left vent is rubbing the hood. the three drilled holes dont line up perfectly and is also rubbing. i wish the hole, for the lever to operate the hood latch, would be shifted a little back and too the left. if i raise the hood latch higher then there would be no point in buying this if it did not make the car sit flush with the body. i wish i knew what the fitment would be like then i would have saved 50 dollars and gotten a cheaper one. maybe i just was unfortunate and got the only bad one in the whole production. idk, just saying. fitment was awful, but i should have just saved my money and went with GP. and i thought it would just fit with my aftermarket hood. nope, it only fits if i make adjustments, just like every other cooling plate. nothing special.

it might be my bad luck too, but man my titanium blots and washers i got from moddiction that fits fine with my apr cooling plate and my oem thick metal "bar" but it is apparently too short to fit on the sides. now i have to wiat to get a response from moddicition if he has any longer ones. and yes. i tried pushing down harder but no luck.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:03 AM

That sucks! At first I left that metal plate on top of the bumper. Read the instruction while I was sitting at a car show. Saw you had to remove the bracket entirely. Which makes sense cause the bolts that are on the sides would touch down due to shortness. But after I git home and removed the bar. Iwas able to fit all the oem bolts back n. Which now I ha th Password:JDm radiator stays alone included with them was the anodized bolts. So I am ordering 5 more so I can get rid of the black bolts that you scream in . There are only 5. Want it all to match and flow better.IMO.lol
Old 06-28-2011, 10:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ans2k
man, this did not fit as well as i thought it would with my stock hood. with the stock latch position, it would not close. raised it a little and it closes but the top left vent is rubbing the hood. the three drilled holes dont line up perfectly and is also rubbing. i wish the hole, for the lever to operate the hood latch, would be shifted a little back and too the left. if i raise the hood latch higher then there would be no point in buying this if it did not make the car sit flush with the body. i wish i knew what the fitment would be like then i would have saved 50 dollars and gotten a cheaper one. maybe i just was unfortunate and got the only bad one in the whole production. idk, just saying. fitment was awful, but i should have just saved my money and went with GP. and i thought it would just fit with my aftermarket hood. nope, it only fits if i make adjustments, just like every other cooling plate. nothing special.

it might be my bad luck too, but man my titanium blots and washers i got from moddiction that fits fine with my apr cooling plate and my oem thick metal "bar" but it is apparently too short to fit on the sides. now i have to wiat to get a response from moddicition if he has any longer ones. and yes. i tried pushing down harder but no luck.

Ans2k I think you may have forgotton to remove the bumper upper stiffiner bracket. If you try to install the cooling plate over top of this bracket you will get the problems you are seeing. It is the part I have circled in red, Let me know if this helps.

Name:  00-03HondaS2000ServiceManual-7722.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  144.2 KB
Old 06-28-2011, 11:58 PM

i did not forget to remove the bracket. like i said, i had a cooling plate before this one and that one fit fine there. i ditched it b/c i thought this one would fit better and make my hood sit flush. i wish it was that easy. also i figured why the screw wont go into the far left hole. the side is slightly raised up as if it wasnt pressed correctly. well, nothing a rubber mallet and a flat metal surface cant fix.

well i think i fixed most of my problems. solution, rubber mallet. i lowered the top left vent and i took a dremel to two of the three holes and then i shaved part of the hole for the latch. dont get me wrong, i love the way it looks. but for 40 dollars less, i could have something that fitted the same and looked similar by gp.

and i was about to purchase other products, like the spark plug cover. but if i have to risk going through this again, i'll pass.

Quick Reply: Alloy Craft Radiator cooling panel