Sponsor S2000 Accessory and S2000 Style Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Accessories and S2000 Styling products

ANVIL weighted and countersunk stainless steel shift knobs! 1 LB+

Old 02-19-2010, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put 30 miles on my car today with the new shift knob driving to and home from school. I got on a major interstate (i-10 ray to broadway) going both ways and upshifting/downshifting at higher gears is much easier now. My 1-2 still kinda sucks and I think the previous owner ate a lot of syncro due to driver error as even with the carbon syncros, my dad's old AP1 was much much smoother, but it also only had 12k on it and was previously enthusiast owned, where as mine had 61k (now 64k). it just does not slide in as smooth as I hoped it would, all the other gears are great but the 1-2 is notchy. I am going to change the MTF and go from there. Any recommendations? It has honda in it now, it was just CPO'd 3 months ago.

and the ball type design is better in general to the stock egg shaped design. Look at what ferrari used to use (back when they made MT cars lol). also obviously the CR's have a nearly identical design to these knobs and that was the special edition s2k. I guess this is preference but the only reason why I can see someone preferring the stock design is if they have never used this style. I used the stock shift knob for about 2 months lol. this was my first upgrade, and a good one at that.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by labelskate,Feb 19 2010, 11:29 AM
Any recommendations? It has honda in it now, it was just CPO'd 3 months ago.
I don't know what CPO is, but I recommend Amsoil's MTF, if not readily accessible, I recommend Honda MTF, don't use redline. That is from my experience.

I also prefer the round knob to the stock or "type R" knobs. The first reason is because of the weight. It really helps "smooth" the shifting. The second reason is for the countersunk drop, which noticeably shortens the throw. There isn't another company/vendor that is offering them at this price.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:39 AM

I used redline in my WRX and it allowed my to get into first while rolling (it didn't with subaru mtf). So I've had really good experience with redline. What happened with you?

CPO - certified pre owned = they inspect it throughly to make sure it's good to go.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by labelskate,Feb 19 2010, 12:39 PM
I used redline in my WRX and it allowed my to get into first while rolling (it didn't with subaru mtf). So I've had really good experience with redline. What happened with you?

CPO - certified pre owned = they inspect it throughly to make sure it's good to go.
Redline worked but I felt better after switching to Honda ATF, Amsoil felt the same as Honda but seemed to last longer. I also used to use Redline in my diff, but switched to LE-607 (which now has a replacement) but I digress
Old 02-19-2010, 02:19 PM

+1 | Honda OEM MTF ... Nothing else comes close, just change it everytime you change your engine oil.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:53 PM

back on topic, got my wrinkle finished knob in today..I was surely impressed.

It wont be on the car (in storage) for another month at least, but from what I can tell this is top notch!

thanks Ryan!
Old 02-20-2010, 02:20 PM

Hi, can someone tell me where i can purchase a silver audio cover please? it needs to be someone reliable like moddiction and delivers to the uk, not someone who doesnt respond to emails! any help would be appreciated. I cant believe how difficult it is to get a silver one in the uk.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got mine a couple of days ago.. haven't installed yet. but holy flying beer bottles bat man! its so much heavier than i expected.. also didnt realize how small it would be.
i have small hands like the burger king commercial guy- so i was worried it would be bigger than what it is.

anyways don't know if u ever showed pixs that depicted its size. but hes one scaled with some cash.

last note.. please make a steel burnt ti colored one.. with the size & same weight. that color would be amazing.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:27 AM

Hey is there any way to get a tracking number?
Old 02-21-2010, 01:46 AM

shoulda been emailed to you through your paypal account. Mine still says electronic confirmation or something. aka its still at the postoffice in NY

Quick Reply: ANVIL weighted and countersunk stainless steel shift knobs! 1 LB+