Sponsor S2000 Engine and S2000 Drivetrain Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 engine and S2000 drivetrain products

URGE Scavenger System Launch;

Old 12-02-2015, 03:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by snitm
I've seen that but Gernby has an AP2. But should I just infer that the same gains apply to AP1, but AP1 torque numbers are lower than AP2?
While I have not seen any dyno tests of an F20C with a gern-pipe, I have tuned quite a few Euro F20Cs with FlashPro, and they react identically to the F22C with other power-adders. The only difference is the level of torque and the peak RPM. Aside from that, the harmonics, resonant humps and dips are identical. However, I think the extra torque might be even more appreciated in an F20C, since it has less to begin with.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It appears that the STR Gernpipe does not pass SCCA sound in the single t1r configuration.

Are there any recommendations on other mufflers that would fit in that space that will offer better sound reduction.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:58 PM
Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanDavies
It appears that the STR Gernpipe does not pass SCCA sound in the single t1r configuration.

Are there any recommendations on other mufflers that would fit in that space that will offer better sound reduction.
Ryan, thank you for the question. We only made Singles Mufflers as there was a demand for them. Customers wanted singles due to lighter weight. We noted the Singles were simply one side of the T1R Dual.

We wanted to do turn down tips and gave the option to the customers and most wanted straight. Turn down tips does lower sound considerably.

We are working on a new Single with a longer muffler Turn down option and are a few months away. We have tested that vs other singles and sound is lower but we have no way of testing for STR before production.

We have also had 3 customers fabricate their own singles and one of those pictures in our webpage.

We are open to assisting in anyway, please email us and we can work through options.

Old 11-06-2016, 04:48 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

When do you think the duals be available?
Old 11-06-2016, 12:10 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by d1000rr
When do you think the duals be available?
The Prototype Dual is our our Manufactures and we just delivered the Ultralite rebuildable mufflers to them Friday. We are making 1 manufacturing unit to make sure the jig is good and then going to production. With shipping back and forth for test fitting and Holidays, probably a few weeks.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:02 PM
Sponsor

Bump

Old 11-14-2016, 11:57 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

My apologies, I posted in the wrong thread.

Are there any benefits from the Gern pipe with a turbo setup? I know turbos don't like back-pressure in the exhaust, leading one to run a larger diameter pipe.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:22 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by blueap2
My apologies, I posted in the wrong thread.

Are there any benefits from the Gern pipe with a turbo setup? I know turbos don't like back-pressure in the exhaust, leading one to run a larger diameter pipe.
This exhaust was specifically designed to pull more power through OEM cams in the mid ranges.
We have tested to work well built motors and aftermarket cams as noted above.

We have had a customer with a turbo run this and they claim a much faster spool, but he has not been able to send us a dyno and that was months ago.
So other than a claim, I dont have evidence that this will improve turbo.
In reality, if you are the low cam, this should improve spool. But in VTEC, this could pull more air through during overlap which can be worse. So it really depends on your VTEC cross over.

For NA, you want the pull during overlap to build more cylinder pressure.

I hope that makes sense.

Old 11-14-2016, 12:27 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes, this makes sense. I've been wanting to get rid of drone in my single 3" I have now. However, I not running a turbo (yet) so I'm hoping that "muffler" will help with the drone when I install the turbo.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:29 PM
Sponsor

Our muffler wont help the drone, it is all about the mid pipe, it reflects the sound pressure in the mid range to pull more air through the motor.
As long as you keep your VTEC at 6000 RPM, this should work out well for you and reduce drone under 6000 RPM.

Quick Reply: URGE Scavenger System Launch;