Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

Bmw Nashville

Old 09-30-2008, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bmw Nashville

Well there is so much to say that I could go on and on about it. Long story short the Service writer, service manager and shop manager are the most ignorant people in the word. Ryan my service adviser is not too bad a guy, but the rest are ignorant. I went in because my wiper left a groove on my front window. They said sorry, its a aftermarket window. I told them the wiper left the mark and its bmw responsibility to replace it. They pretty much said tuff luck. Next I think my front wheel bearings are going bad, they take the car for a drive with me and he says, Oh its the diff, you need to change the fluid. I told him I had replaced the fluid with something that meets or exceeds the OEM fluid. Right away they started barking at me, NO NO NO NO, you have to use our fluid and cannot use any additives. So they are trying to wiggle their way out of warranty for something I am not even in their for.. I know the laws and how things work and it complete BS. They gave me a paper showing me some "info" that really did not explain anything. The paper also said that running 93 could effect my warranty. Since there is no 93 around I ask the Service Manager what the hell I am going to do. He said " well I have been telling my customers to use octane booster!! I totally flipped out and said you guys JUST TOLD ME NO ADDITIVES. Long story short, they know nothing about anything and will LIE directly to your face. Does anyone have any experience with the BMW dealer in Bowling Green. This place here in Nashville is a joke and I will NEVER take my car back for warranty. I know how to treat a customer and my family has owned Nacarato Volvo Gmc for over 30 years. There is a reason why people come back and its customer service. God help anyone that has to deal with the Sonic Group @ Bmw Nashville.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:23 PM

they've been helpful with our mini, but the mini guys are noticeably more knowledgeable than the bmw guys. when I went and test drove an '07 sti for shits and giggles, the salesman knew absolutely nothing about the car and I called him on it and he let me do the talking from then on.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:02 PM

When I went in to trade my G35 on something fun the first salesman has ZERO knowledge. I had previously asked if he had a CPO M3 and he just pointed across the parking lot. I asked him to please take me to it so he got up all lazy and walked out there. He did not even bring a key with him, did not know the trim level, or even tell me anything about it. I asked him about price and the first thing he said was, oh oh we do not mark cars up much here. Instantly I told him thank you for your time, went inside to the sales manager and let him know that I wanted a rear salesman that knew something about the cars. I also told him that I sold cars for a year at Walltrip in Franklin and that my Family owns a dealership here in Nashville. Me being a salesman, I busted my Asss to try and sell cars and make customers happy. To be treated like a idiot was very frustrating for me. I simply said, I know what my trade is worth, and I would like to buy the 05 M3 CS outside. I do not want to hassle back and forth on price as long as it is fair. The manager comes back and tells me he can do a GREAT deal on the car because it has been there for 90days+. I thought the deal was fair and there I was with a nice M3. The only person that did not seem stupid or very snobby was the sales manager. Since that time I have had nothing but trouble with the service department. Maybe I just expect more since I feel my employees treat customers the way I want to be treated. Its hard to find quality people these days. I hope the Sonic Group gets better, but with BMW Nashville being the only dealership here, I feel they think they can treat people how they want. I should be done ranting now
Old 09-30-2008, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by breakneckS2k,Sep 30 2008, 03:23 PM
they've been helpful with our mini, but the mini guys are noticeably more knowledgeable than the bmw guys. when I went and test drove an '07 sti for shits and giggles, the salesman knew absolutely nothing about the car and I called him on it and he let me do the talking from then on.
I am glad you have had a better experience than me. Hopefully their customer service will get better, but with " no offense" people that do not know anything about their car, they have no reason to explain themselves better.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by ERL_S2000,Sep 30 2008, 06:02 PM
I sold cars for a year at Walltrip in Franklin
I worked there for 3 years.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:40 PM

yeah, I think the deal is that most of the people that go there to buy brand new 7-series etc don't really care about service or the car itself, they just walk in, point, drive, and buy to have a bmw.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:24 PM

When will, I was there about 3 years ago. I was on the Volvo side working under Greg Stone and Scott Hebrank. I felt proud to work there because management was honest people and we seemed to care how people felt about there car and dealership. None the less I know its typical dealership crap. I understand what it is like to be on the other end, having to deal with Volvo and GM warranty but there is alot you can do, and a correct way to speak to a customer. People who know how to speak to a person can be all the difference. Alot of times, warranty is out of our hands as the dealer but we still make a customer feel that we will fight for him and that makes a person feel good.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll go to Bowling Green if I have to.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:03 PM

Jake, I am going to take a trip up there and meet them. I am going to tell them about my experience and hopefully they will have better customer relations and turn around time. It took me 3 times to get my oil changed @ Bmw Nashville. My drain plug was stripped when I wanted to change my own oil and I had to pull teeth to get a new drain plug and not fork the cash out for it. Then finally they changed my oil and filter under my plan and wiper blades( yes the ones that messed up my window). With my ranting done, all I have to say is that some people go the extra way to make you feel like they value your business(esp if you purchased the car from them) and some look at you as another dollar in the door.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by ERL_S2000,Sep 30 2008, 09:24 PM
When will, I was there about 3 years ago.
I worked there from '02-'05. I was a tech on the Honda side.

Quick Reply: Bmw Nashville