Tennessee S2000 Owners Tennessee - The Volunteer State.

OK Track Junkies, look!

Old 04-18-2009, 05:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OK Track Junkies, look!

NASA has a great HPDE program in any region but the southeast plays at some of the best tracks. To participate in a NASA event you must be a NASA Member. Annual dues are $45 and comes with a year subscription of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine. The program this year is you first sign up for a NASA membership you then can sign up for a HPDE event at one of the SE track and use my Membership ID as a referral you get your $45 membership fee back. My benefit is if 3 people join and do1 HPDE event NASA will credit me a free track day. Everyone wins. The Great Lakes region has a similar deal if you rather run their tracks but I would have to check with them to see if my member number would get you "your" money back. If not I could point you to a good member in that region.

www.nasaproracing.com

That's right!
NASA offering a promotion where you can introduce your friends to this awesome sport and everyone benefits! Here's how it works:

1) Introduce a friend to NASA-SE
2) Have them sign up for an event
3) When they arrive at registration for the event they simply tell Registration who you (Rob Oxford) are and your NASA Member #132769
4) NASA will send them a check for their $45 NASA membership dues!
5) When three (3) of your friends do this we'll give you a free NASA-SE weekend entry coupon!

It's THAT easy!

Here is my plan if $ hold out so it will change:

May 2-3 Carolina Motorsports Park
Old 04-18-2009, 08:14 AM

Lol, are you seriously wanting to sell your boat?

I'll sign up for this Rob, so there's one. Are most of these tracks S2000 friendly, or will I need to get a roll bar / cage installed? I know VIR and Barber requires it. Are there any others? What is the minimum safety equipment needed to run at VIR and Barber?
Old 04-18-2009, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[media]R7yfISlGLNU [/media]

Im on a boat !!!!!
Old 04-18-2009, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by WynnS123,Apr 18 2009, 10:14 AM
Lol, are you seriously wanting to sell your boat?

I'll sign up for this Rob, so there's one. Are most of these tracks S2000 friendly, or will I need to get a roll bar / cage installed? I know VIR and Barber requires it. Are there any others? What is the minimum safety equipment needed to run at VIR and Barber?
Sell my boat, no and yes. Only if someone really wants it meaning they will pay a reasonable price, not a fire sale like every other boat has been lately.

Barber and VIR are not stock S2000 friendly. Road Atlanta and CMP are both friendly for the S2000. We are not sure about AMP. AMP will be a new track, just starting to build now so we will have to wait and see. That is it for the Southeast.

The Great Lakes if S2000 Friendly at both Putman and Mid Ohio. I would assume Bluegrass will be too. The Great Lakes has their own promotion (same deal) so it depends which region you sign up for at first will be the region to refund the NASA Membership Fee.

As for the Mid Atlantic Region, who runs VIR and Sumitt Point, I have not looked to see if they have this promotion.

I will be sending both regions an email today about stock S2000 and tracks. A lot could have changed over the winter.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:35 AM

Here is the link to the HPDE Tech Inspection Form, http://www.nasaproracing.com/images/rules-...m_hpde_tech.pdf. You check/inspect all these items yourself and fill it out to have ready when you get to the track. Oh, if it doesn't mention it, you need a helmet. It's basic stuff.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by dippin,Apr 18 2009, 08:39 AM
[media]R7yfISlGLNU [/media]

Im on a boat !!!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:27 PM

S2000 Friendly Tracks in Southeast:

Carolina Motorsports Park
Road Atlanta
Atlanta Motorsports Park

S2000 Friendly Tracks in Great Lakes:

Putnam Park
waiting for reply on the rest of them.

Known tracks not allowed stock:

Barber - 4 pt. roll bar with diaganal and harness bar, 5 pt. or greater harness and if no hardtop then add arm restraints.

VIR - 4 pt. roll bar with diaganal and harness bar, 5 pt. or greater harness and if no hardtop then add arm restraints.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:41 PM

After a long wait, here is the cage:

Old 05-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Former Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 05-22-2009, 08:32 PM

Pretty nuts. Is it up to you to cut the dash or do they also do that ?

How stripped are you going to leave the interior? I'm guessing everything but the dash.

Quick Reply: OK Track Junkies, look!