Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

closed for fail on everyones part

Old 06-06-2011, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 9krevvin
Originally Posted by The-_-Asian' timestamp='1306968161' post='20639821
YES THERE IS!!! There's nothing really "safe" about doing anything that's not factory recommended. You can spend les than 20 bucks and manually control your vtec, or spend a little more and have it come on automatically. Step one, locate the vtec solenoid, step two, get some really long wires, step three hook up those wires to a button/switch of some sort. Step four, hook up the wired switch to the vtec solenoid. Step five, go drive the car and pretend you have nitrous and hit that button and whip your neck back PAUL WALKER STYLE!. I've seen this done in multiple hondas using vtec, so i'm pretty sure it won't hurt anything as long as you don't use it too often, but then again, it's about the same as have different cams. There is a minute change the vtec rockers could break if you overuse. Like I said, it's just the same as have diferent cams, except not as strong. But in my opinion, it's not worth the trouble. Just because your vtec engages and little bit earlier, a 350z bone stock can still burn you out.

That is a terrible idea!!! What if you forget to turn it off/ accidentally push it/ engage it too early. You could cause some serious damage. VTEC advances the camshafts 15 degrees at high RPM. It is very dangerous to engage VTEC at low RPMs. The S2000 is already has a fine tuned engine it is very difficult to make it better. Also what makes you think you know when to properly engage it? I think Honda's Engineers knew what they were doing. Yes, the VTEC can be safely lowered, but only a little.

not to be rude but this "VTEC advances the camshafts 15 degrees at high RPM" shows you should have no opion in this subject, the cams do not advance the timing does, wrong hona engine! sorry to burst your bubble.

not trying to start a pissing contest, just my 2 cemts.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:16 PM
DG

think mine engages around 3k... no problems here
Old 06-06-2011, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by s2k_2fast4u
Originally Posted by 9krevvin' timestamp='1306971429' post='20639985
[quote name='The-_-Asian' timestamp='1306968161' post='20639821']
YES THERE IS!!! There's nothing really "safe" about doing anything that's not factory recommended. You can spend les than 20 bucks and manually control your vtec, or spend a little more and have it come on automatically. Step one, locate the vtec solenoid, step two, get some really long wires, step three hook up those wires to a button/switch of some sort. Step four, hook up the wired switch to the vtec solenoid. Step five, go drive the car and pretend you have nitrous and hit that button and whip your neck back PAUL WALKER STYLE!. I've seen this done in multiple hondas using vtec, so i'm pretty sure it won't hurt anything as long as you don't use it too often, but then again, it's about the same as have different cams. There is a minute change the vtec rockers could break if you overuse. Like I said, it's just the same as have diferent cams, except not as strong. But in my opinion, it's not worth the trouble. Just because your vtec engages and little bit earlier, a 350z bone stock can still burn you out.

That is a terrible idea!!! What if you forget to turn it off/ accidentally push it/ engage it too early. You could cause some serious damage. VTEC advances the camshafts 15 degrees at high RPM. It is very dangerous to engage VTEC at low RPMs. The S2000 is already has a fine tuned engine it is very difficult to make it better. Also what makes you think you know when to properly engage it? I think Honda's Engineers knew what they were doing. Yes, the VTEC can be safely lowered, but only a little.

not to be rude but this "VTEC advances the camshafts 15 degrees at high RPM" shows you should have no opion in this subject, the cams do not advance the timing does, wrong hona engine! sorry to burst your bubble.

[/quote]

Just because you say "not to be rude" Doesn't mean you have the right to insult me. I know the timing advances, but what exactly do you think advances. The camshaft is actually what advances. On other Hondas (non-S2000) The Intake Camshaft advances while the exhaust stays the same. Do a little Fu*%ing research before you Judge me. Courtesy of Hondas Website:

Low-speed torque, an initial project objective, was obtained by changing the low-speed cam's setting from the traditional 35 degrees to 20/30 degrees ABDC (after bottom dead-center). This permitted the intake valve to close early, drastically improving the engine's volumetric efficiency. Since the engine now had higher efficiency at low speeds of operation, a broader torque band could be realized.

The S2000 does this on both camshafts that is why there is a better power increase over other Hondas.

Feel free to read more for yourself: http://world.honda.com/history/chall...e/text/05.html
Old 06-07-2011, 11:20 AM

look this is not an ivetc engine the cams do not adjust at all, what honda refers to is the lobe seperation between the two cams, just read. the cams on this engine are set to one degree each. the only diffrence is the vtec lobe on the cam that gives it more lift when the rockers lock with vtec. i have done lots of reserch and i machine and build engines, i know the diffrence.

im not trying to cause a big scean or argue and piss and mone about whos rite, I just want to give good usable info for someone to make a descion on what they can do to thier own car.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by s2k_2fast4u
look this is not an ivetc engine the cams do not adjust at all, what honda refers to is the lobe seperation between the two cams, just read. the cams on this engine are set to one degree each. the only diffrence is the vtec lobe on the cam that gives it more lift when the rockers lock with vtec. i have done lots of reserch and i machine and build engines, i know the diffrence.

im not trying to cause a big scean or argue and piss and mone about whos rite, I just want to give good usable info for someone to make a descion on what they can do to thier own car.
I agree. This guy seems to know his shit.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by 9krevvin
Originally Posted by s2k_2fast4u' timestamp='1307411907' post='20655660
[quote name='9krevvin' timestamp='1306971429' post='20639985']
[quote name='The-_-Asian' timestamp='1306968161' post='20639821']

[/quote]

Just because you say "not to be rude" Doesn't mean you have the right to insult me. I know the timing advances, but what exactly do you think advances. The camshaft is actually what advances. On other Hondas (non-S2000) The Intake Camshaft advances while the exhaust stays the same. Do a little Fu*%ing research before you Judge me. Courtesy of Hondas Website:

Low-speed torque, an initial project objective, was obtained by changing the low-speed cam's setting from the traditional 35 degrees to 20/30 degrees ABDC (after bottom dead-center). This permitted the intake valve to close early, drastically improving the engine's volumetric efficiency. Since the engine now had higher efficiency at low speeds of operation, a broader torque band could be realized.

The S2000 does this on both camshafts that is why there is a better power increase over other Hondas.

Feel free to read more for yourself: http://world.honda.com/history/chall...e/text/05.html
[/quote]

DOHC= dual over head cam correct? The VTEC in vehicles that say they have DOHC VTEC, means both intake and exhaust cams have the VTEC lobes. I think it is you sir, that "needs to a little f@#king research" before you speak. But I don't mean to be rude, of course. Have you seen a VTEC head apart? There's a big difference in a IVTEC, SOHC VTEC, and DOHC VTEC. You should look it up.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-07-2011, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Benn-O

I love lamp! This thread has gone into a bad place. But some just need to be educated...
Old 06-08-2011, 04:54 AM

I'm not here to just insult people, if I offended you I'm sorry for that but just keep an open mind when people with knoledge come to the table. We are all here to help each other and give acurate and educated advice to others, opions are always greatly apreciated and should be brought with a certin leavle of task.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:57 PM

I don't even remember who started this thread. I just found it slightly aggravating when someone trys to act like they know something, and starts spitting out stuff that doesn't make sense with such strong words. Just my opinion, but if you do own a honda and you don't know how vtec works and decide to ramble aimless words, you just need a brain check.

Quick Reply: closed for fail on everyones part