Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Anyone familiar with tx state inspection?

Old 06-12-2009, 09:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by unethikl,Jun 8 2009, 01:19 PM
if you just want to get the inspection sticker, I know a place where you can get one no matter the condition of the car.
PM me if you want to just get it over with =)
PM'd.

Sorry chopper, pm'd you by accident earlier
Old 06-12-2009, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbosix,Jun 11 2009, 10:50 PM
i was told this by someone, kai

i talked to my mom about the whole situation today, she said the state no longer has a system where they can "flag" a vehicle, you can take it to another station at anytime for another inspection, by law the station where you originally had it done has to give you a 15 day window to get a free re inspection. she also said the stations do have some leniency on the tint, if its 2-3 off they should pass it, doesn't always mean that they will but most stations should equate for some reader error, i would try to take it back to the station for a free inspection, you are correct no where does it say that a vehicle must have windows that go up or down, so if you pull the fuse and tell them there are no windows they have to reinspect it, you can also get a dps inspector (what my mom does) involved, you say your tint is 20% correct with is the legal limit, you can have a state inspector meet you at the station and they can make a judgment call as well, just call your local DPS station and ask to speak to VI department and they can let you know what steps to take.
well, if you take it back to get reinspected at the original place, it will pull up the tint on the saftey menu. If you take it to another shop, it'll say you failed on a certain date, but not why you failed. Some stations are more lenient then others, it just depends. Some shops don't even check tint. Personally I would have passed your car, cause the tint meter has an error margin and if its in that range, I don't fail it. PM me and I can get you 10% off on another inspection. I won't be able to reinspect it for free, but I can't get you a slight discount.

So your mom works for DPS??
Old 06-12-2009, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by s2kai,Jun 12 2009, 05:57 PM
well, if you take it back to get reinspected at the original place, it will pull up the tint on the saftey menu. If you take it to another shop, it'll say you failed on a certain date, but not why you failed. Some stations are more lenient then others, it just depends. Some shops don't even check tint. Personally I would have passed your car, cause the tint meter has an error margin and if its in that range, I don't fail it. PM me and I can get you 10% off on another inspection. I won't be able to reinspect it for free, but I can't get you a slight discount.

So your mom works for DPS??
nah, i posted the situation up on ls2.com and i got that in a PM from some dude
Old 06-12-2009, 10:11 PM

^^^ cool cool, well i hope you get this all resolved, if not shoot me a pm
Old 06-12-2009, 11:39 PM

I have gotten by the past few years by rolling the windows down and disconnecting the switch.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:38 AM

Speaking of inspections, I just got pulled over yday since mine has been out since March. The woman pulled me over just because of that, I really don't know how she saw it and actually gave me a ticket for it, I thought she would just let it go.

Anyways thought I would rant about that and how stupid I think it is for newer cars to have an inspection when I see clunkers on the road with exhaust fumes all over the place and nothing being done about them!
Old 06-15-2009, 07:51 AM
dwi

Originally Posted by kntrider,Jun 15 2009, 07:38 AM
Speaking of inspections, I just got pulled over yday since mine has been out since March. The woman pulled me over just because of that, I really don't know how she saw it and actually gave me a ticket for it, I thought she would just let it go.
Mines been out since March as well. When a cop asks about it, I just tell them the car's been dead for a year and I just got it running again and I have not made it to an inspection station yet. I went two years without a current inspection and w/o a ticket.