Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Best attorneys in the area

Old 11-05-2008, 07:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^Thanks, I wasn't ignoring an emergency vehicle, I didn't see him. I admit to my mistakes, and take consequences for them. I was driving unsafely, I wasn't trying to flee from a police office. They aren't pushing the maximum sentence, 7 months is only a month over the minimum, so if I am such a menace, why are they willing to go so low? Everytime my lawyer has talked to the prosecutor, the prosecutor has stated "He was drunk, I wish we could get him on that felony." That sounds kind of personal to me, especially when he has no information to back up that statement, and there isn't any truth to that.

I know people that have sold ounces of schedule II drugs to undercovers, had sealed indictments, and got off with deferred adjudication. So having to do jail time for this seems a little crazy.

I think the punishment should fit the actual crime that was committed, not the alleged one.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by DFWs2k,Nov 5 2008, 10:27 AM
^Thanks, I wasn't ignoring an emergency vehicle, I didn't see him.
Understood, but that's the external appearance, right? I mean, how could anyone not notice a police car behind them for that long? Unless, of course, they were drunk.
I know people that have sold ounces of schedule II drugs to undercovers, had sealed indictments, and got off with deferred adjudication. So having to do jail time for this seems a little crazy.
You're looking at that from the wrong perspective. It's not crazy for you to have to do jail time for your offenses, instead, it was crazy for them to get off without doing jail time. By the way... the fact that you know people that have done these things, makes me also want to comment that you might want to re-consider the crowd you run with.

Anyway, I won't comment further, because I suspect that my comments are either: 1) falling on deaf ears or 2) unnecessary because you already know the things that I'm saying. Plus, I know you didn't come in here looking for a lecture, so my posts are off-topic.

Good luck getting your life back on the right track.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mxt_77,Nov 5 2008, 10:39 AM
Understood, but that's the external appearance, right? I mean, how could anyone not notice a police car behind them for that long? Unless, of course, they were drunk.
if he was drunk he probably would not have been able to sustain 100+mph safely as he did

if he was drunk at the very least he would have been given a FST and breathalyzer. Considering the circumstances of getting his drivers door pulled open at a signal light and being arrested they would have easily been able to obtain a warrant for a blood test back at the station.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish you best of luck man, but the prosecutor is probably just looking at your record and what the police said, and honestly if you were a prosecutor would you listen to a kid with 2 dwi's or a cop who said he was drunk again? I doubt its anything personal, he just looks at the file and decides that most people that don't learn the first time don't ever learn

but good luck with it all man, i hope it all works out.... if you have trouble finding a lawyer still pm me i know a lady
Old 11-05-2008, 10:07 AM

Wow, not drinking and driving = drinking and driving? All these people are geniuses...

Again, the charges of the 3rd DWI have been dropped, the judge you have to see to bond out even said that he didn't believe I had been drinking. I didn't have to bond out on that.