Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Hole in the roof:( Can anyone help??????????

Old 07-02-2002, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hole in the roof:( Can anyone help??????????

Well,

I haven't been on for quite a while because I have been busy but hello to all those and I did miss you guys. Sandra and Stefan already know but my S was broken into last Saturday and they cut the top open. They caught the guys but in the meantime my car is sitting at the shop in Dallas waiting on a top from Ohio. Does anyone know if there is one in Texas? I would give anything to have it back by the 4th. Well, I have to go sell another car but let me know if you guys know anything. My luck just has not been good with this car if you guys noticed.

See ya
Kacy
Old 07-02-2002, 03:20 PM

Kacy, sorry to hear about the car. I can't help you with top, but am curious where your car was parked when it was broken into.
Old 07-02-2002, 04:44 PM

Okay here's the low down,

I had just gotten off of work at El Dorado Mazda in McKinney and I thought I would grab a six pack on the way home. There are only two beer stores between here and Sherman. It was Harlow's Beer and Wine in Mellissa, TX. I parked in the parking lot, which was extremely busy, put the top up and locked the doors. Went inside for a max of 4 minutes and came back out to find that the top had been cut into and my briefcase that was in the seat was taken. They later caught the two who did it burglerizing someone elses car in McKinney. They found my briefcase and called me.

Oh well, I am just glad that I wasn't in the car when they did it.
Old 07-02-2002, 05:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you try trevor at www.handa-accessories.com ? that's where I got mine when my car was broken into.

came out to be ~$1600 for the top replacement and labor. the labor is 16 full hours, but I'm sure you have the hookups for that.

glad they caught the guys. now I wonder how they would pay up to a crime. hmmm probably a slap on the wrist.
Old 07-02-2002, 05:50 PM

Actually it might work out in your favor since the two criminals will likely only get probation. However as a condition of probation they will have to pay restitution for their crime, which will be paid to you, not the insurance company. So you will make money on this IF they fulfill their probation.
Old 07-03-2002, 06:46 AM

You know I've never had anything like this happen to me so I am not sure how everything will work. I thought the insurance company will go after there money as well as my deductible. It's considered comprehensive so my deductible is only $100. But the thing is I have been put out because of getting a rental (which insurance pays for) but my car is sitting in the shop. This comes at a real inconvieniant time with financial difficulties and my mom not having a job. Oh well, things happen for a reason.

I like El Dorado but I need more of a challenge and of course more money. Does anyone know of an ASM position or Finance position available at any dealership here in the metroplex. Big Billy Barrett sold there dealership so there were quite a few of us who were let go. I appreciate any tips. Thanks guys.