Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Meeting Summary???

Old 01-25-2001, 06:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry that I missed the meeting last Friday. Is anyone posting a summary of the meeting and any club issues that was discussed.

thanks,

Will
Old 01-26-2001, 07:50 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Here's what I got for notes:
  • Checking account. I don't know too much about the aspects of this issue. First we have to get a tax number from the gov't in order to even open an account in the club's name, and then corporate checking accounts can be pretty expensive, what with the fees up the wazoo and such. Chris (cdelena) has done the most about looking into it, because of his involvement with Paul and the first iteration of the club, but if anybody has any knowledge in such matters, please let us know.

• Club promotion. The club can only get more successful the more members and participation we get. Part of getting that is to get exposure and for people to think of the club, no? One aspect of that is printing out little business cards (great job, Kirk. They looked great) that we could hand out to fellow owners or put under wipers when encountered in parking lots. We also want to put together a web page to post notices, general club info, event coverage, etc. For the coverage, we need a PR Director, so to say, to coordinate photography. Not necessarily the person who takes the pictures and writes the articles, but at least to coordinate things so that it gets done. Kirk (aka Insomniak) is our resident Web guru. Contact him if this is a role you'd like to participate in. IIRC, s2ki has agreed to host our site, up to 50mb.

• Events. This is where I come in to play. I'm a PCA member http://www.pca.org/ and ER member http://autocross.com/er/ and I get a big kick out of track events. I'm planning on doing four or five DEs this season, plus random autocrosses and time trials. I don't see us having the membership base large enough to run our own events, so I envision us going as a group to other clubs' events. I've seen the Miata club do this often at ER autocrosses. I'll try to keep everybody informed about upcoming events. Non-track events are, of course, much easier to put together. I'll post my thoughts in a separate topic.

• Membership registry. Through various means (the first club, the first 24-car get-together, the first Motorsport Ranch day, etc.) we have a partial database of contact information for owners. We'd like to consolidate and massage this information into an official membership list. Any takers?

• Enthusiasm. IMO, this, in a way, is the most important aspect of the club. If we have members who are passionate about their cars and making the club work, the club will work. From the owners I've already met, I know we have a diverse pool of talents and interest to draw upon. Lets have some fun, folks!

I'm sure I missed plenty.
Old 01-26-2001, 09:49 PM

re:Meeting recap

Thanks for the minutes Elistan. I've been working some insane hours and recovering from flu. Here is what I recall in regards to the topics.

Checking/Treasury:Clovis is our Director-Treasurer this year. We are in contact with Cdelena and are preparing to open a new club account. Some more input from Victor Ehr (past Treasurer) may provide helpful.

Club Promotion:Insomniak is our Director-Webmaster. He has a page under construction. Card design number two is in the works. Basically the same thing in a paper cutter friendly format. More cards will be printed as soon as the new design arrives (Thanks, Insomniak). We need to prepare any photos from past meets for our upcoming web archive and for promotional posting. It would be great to have a digital camera at all events but good 35mm will do just fine. I would encourage everyone to bring a camera and help out. I will assume photographer role until someone pitches in.
The web posting is actually provided through an agreement with cthree and is not likely to approach 50 megs.

Events:Elistan is the man. This is not an easy job. Please provide him all the assistance and support we can give him. In a small club everyone will have a role. As it has been said before, everyone wants to attend but few are willing to organize. Let's try to allow Elistan to have some fun too. Thanks again.

Membership list / Database: I'm on it. I merged a couple different lists and continue to add new folks weekly. I'm currently using MS Outlook to generate a contact manager database.

Enthusiasm:We seem to have an ample amount. It should really grow as warmer days approach. I'm jazzed that we have such a fine group as this.
Molly W has agreed to take a Director position to assist me in the event I cannot attend an event and to help us all in general since we will be wearing many hats. Cdelena will serve in an advisory role since his work schedule may prevent his active participation. His continued support with the club will benefit us all.
As club Director I'll do whatever it takes to keep us moving in the right direction and I welcome your input. This is a great club and everyone has helped to enhance our S2000 ownership experience.

Membership application:We discussed club dues (currently $40 annually) but postponed any due date until we have a checking account secured and revisions to the form are made. Once these issues are resolved I will post the new form, print copies for our events or handout use and distribute by our contact list.
The usage of the dues was discussed and included postage, printing costs (forms membership cards, club cards etc), bank fees, refreshments, event expenses not covered by fees and others. These issues to be discussed further with our treasurer.

Event locations:We need to plan the rest of our calendar. Nothing carved in stone but we need more input about member prefs for social meeting places.

Event types:The concensus so far favors the monthly dinner / meeting. This is a good start and ensures that we continue forward. Additional activities like tech events, detail meets, rally / track and other drives were discussed but we need to compile a list to choose from. Keep the good ideas flowing. The membership application will include a survey to collect some info.

Would someone like to compile and post a survey in this forum section? Contact me I'd like to help.

Club Affiliation:The issue of affiliation with the S2Ki organization and regional / chapter organization was discussed. Those in attendance agreed further discussion of possible benefits and obligations are needed. More input from these organizations is welcomed.

That's probably enough for now. I'll post a link to these posts by e-mail tonight.

Thank You,
Stefan

[Edited by svann on 01-26-2001 at 11:01 PM]
Old 01-29-2001, 08:19 AM

Thanks for the updates,

I think I can help out Insomniak with some PR duties and/or Elistan with the track events. I have work and play a full tournament schedule for tennis, but would like to contribute any way I can. Please post or PM me to let me know how I can help.

Will
Old 01-29-2001, 09:54 AM

I'm going to start work on the North Texas site soon.. i'll probably post 3 comps from which i'll let everyone vote for the one they like and then i'll tweak it. right now i'm juggling work, freelance jobs, hockey, and bodybuilding(i know, it doesn't show).

here's a comp i did a while back.. just throwing thoughts down.. the north texas site probably won't be in this message board format.