Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Wheel woes

Old 11-07-2008, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had good experience with DT, too. Once when I was in high school, I purchased a set of tires and not knowing much about sidewalls strength at the time, which turned out to be too squirly for my taste. DT took back the original wheels I purchased and allowed me to get a different set of wheels and I only had to pay the difference. I'll be visiting my_fear and DOHC_side with complete confidence.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedxRacer,Nov 7 2008, 12:35 AM
I ALWAYS ALWAYS take the wheels when theyre off the car to discount tire. My car was too low for them to get their jacks under unless they had those super low racing jacks (which I always wanted to just take becuase theyre about 500 dollars), and I was always scared of them scratching my wheels when they tighten them.

Anyways just buy my spoons to replace the Work wheels lol
That's a really good idea to make sure shit doesn't go wrong. But it would suck since it would take multiple trips to get all the tires there and back.

If you hadn't sold your LMs, I would have bought them from you.

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by YellowStarS2k,Nov 7 2008, 12:17 PM
That's a really good idea to make sure shit doesn't go wrong. But it would suck since it would take multiple trips to get all the tires there and back.

If you hadn't sold your LMs, I would have bought them from you.
lol borrow a truck or someones car, I fit 8 tires and 4 18" wheels inside a accord coupe once with a passenger.

I just picked up a set of Meister 3pc if you want to buy those lol.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by YellowStarS2k,Nov 6 2008, 07:38 PM
Before this becomes a flamefest, I'm not bashing Discount, because this could happen anywhere. Like someone else said, just watch them when they're working on your car so they'll be more careful.
While this kind of thing does happen from time to time, it is completely unacceptable to not take care of your customers. When mistakes happen, it should be an unspoken agreement to correct it without question. If you think about it, the bigger tire stores and the equipment they use is designed to flow high vloumes of customers through the doors. The average customer does not generally have aftermarket wheels that require extra attention.

That being said, I purchased the best tire mounting and balancing equipment with all rubber surfaces to ensure I'm not going to make any "mistakes". I also do things like hand torque wheels with plastic wrapped sockets to either the customers or oem specs. It's a small service that sometimes goes unappreciated, but when noticed it makes the difference. It should really just be the standard.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:22 AM

You can always tell them to do it by hand and usually they have a couple of senior tire tech on hand that you can request to work on your car. The senior tire tech will most likely use the newer equipment and all the protective pieces in not damaging you wheels. Reverse wheels are the one that are really hard to work on becasue you have to clamp the wheel face down and if it is not lined up properly, the clamp will make contact with the wheel and give it a nice scratch/scuff. Of course the work is going to be varied store by store, especially if you get someone who just don't care or either in training. That is why it is good to go to the same person to work on your wheels.

ptpforrest, how much do you charge for mounting and balancing with tape weights? I do agree that it is small things that goes along way especially when noticed.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like discount tire alot, but this has happened to me before aswell. I keep a breaker bar in my trunk to get some of the lugs off just incase.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:11 PM

as my fear said come see us we will take care of ya the right way...as with any company there are always people looking for short cuts...and u said your key broke inside the lug but? if so those types of keys are knew to break very easily...i recommend changing lug nuts...if they are the ones im thing about...