UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Northern forum members - fancy a drink?

Old 06-19-2002, 03:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northern forum members - fancy a drink?

Its been so nice lately and the next S2ki meet seems ages off! I can't remeber any North Wetsern meets either, seems a shame given there are quite a few of us around these parts now.

Soooo then, does anyone fancy a drink in the South / Central Manchester area? Jason - can you escape the kids for an hour or two?

Tif (badly in need of a meet!)
Old 06-19-2002, 03:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in France from 29th June to 7th July but if you're arranging one after, and if it could be in Cheshire, say, I 'd like to poke my nose in (even if Shrewsbury isn't really in the north (except to people who live south of Watford )
Old 06-19-2002, 03:29 AM

Great Pete, I'm thinking Cheshire is a good place to meet. I know Car Connoisseur will make that too Early July then? It gives me a good excuse to drive out for some reccies
Old 06-19-2002, 03:30 AM

Tif,

Id be up for it, cheshires fine for me, perhaps somewhere along the A49 route south of Warrington or off the M56 which would make it a little more accesible to Pete.

When you thinking about? I can get away most evenings, I work near the airport so Im already south Manchester M56 way.

Jason
Old 06-19-2002, 03:35 AM

Most likely off the M56 near Knutsford Jason. Given Pete is away until the second week in July I reckon between 8 and 14 July.

I suggest we post here whether weekday evenings or weekend daytime is preferable. One fine evening after work would be good for me.
Old 06-19-2002, 03:56 AM

Originally posted by Tifosi Red
Great Pete, I'm thinking Cheshire is a good place to meet. I know Car Connoisseur will make that too Early July then? It gives me a good excuse to drive out for some reccies
Like Pete, I'm also in the "no man's land" which is that band across the middle of the country that southerners think belongs to the grim north, and northerners think belongs to the shandy-drinking nancy boy south!

So, whilst I'm not really a northern owner (or indeed an owner at all, right at the moment!), Cheshire isn't too far for me travel. I might even have my car by early July, if SParmar1's Porsche dealer manages to sort out delivery of his new toy reasonably promptly.......
Old 06-19-2002, 04:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Tifosi Red
I suggest we post here whether weekday evenings or weekend daytime is preferable. One fine evening after work would be good for me.
Me too. What about somewhere in the Eaton / Tarporley / Beeston area? Does everyone know the Wild Boar Hotel at Beeston on the A49? It's big and easy to find. How convenient is that for you Tif?

http://www.portalgolf.co.uk/wildboarhotel.php

http://www.infotel.co.uk/4418.htm

http://www.plus44.com/grandheritage/wildboar.html
Old 06-19-2002, 04:53 AM

I was thinking of somewhere a little less grand Pete

Give me a day or so to get some suggestions for venue checked out with my Cheshire set mole
Old 06-19-2002, 05:07 AM

I'll be up for that... Anywhere around the areas suggested is fine with me.

Received and fitted my Road Angel last night - will test it out on a run to Hemel Hempstead tomorrow. Also got the car back yesterday from having a new front bumper after a piece of rockery stone flow off a lorry on the motorway - messy....

Matt.
Old 06-19-2002, 05:18 AM

Theres a Taste of Italy day on at Oulton Park on the 13th July (Saturday). One option would be to meet up there and then go on for some food later.

Its a shame its not a weekday evening as that would be my preference.

Theres is a Honda Superclub (bikes) on the following Saturday.

Quick Reply: Northern forum members - fancy a drink?