UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

PJL Memorial Track Day - Donington, 15th Dec 2007

Old 12-16-2007, 01:22 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova,Dec 16 2007, 07:56 AM
The spirit of Bada was there it seems

I only encountered the R8 early in the day and had no problems in getting past it. although in the same session I also overtook the GT3 and the Noble. I guess they must get out of the way of really fast cars like me, rather than those slow BatCats

I think there was more than one driver of the R8, the owner being Carl Asaba, a former(?) footballer, keeping up the R8 stereotype of footballers' car (my goodness those LEDs are vulgar).
I like 'em!!

The other thing I find (and have found) is when there is an instructor in the car, they tell you to keep to the line, even if you're doing 40mph, which impedes the ability of others to pass. I suppose they say it is by consent only, and if the instuctor is telling you not to consent then it is tough!

Plenty more laps to be had though even if slowed up by someone not consenting
Old 12-16-2007, 01:36 AM
ge2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Dec 16 2007, 10:22 AM
The other thing I find (and have found) is when there is an instructor in the car, they tell you to keep to the line, even if you're doing 40mph, which impedes the ability of others to pass. I suppose they say it is by consent only, and if the instuctor is telling you not to consent then it is tough!
I found the Elise would move over eventually, usually on the main straight just after coppice.

If I think back to my n00b days, there have been a lot going on in most other parts of the circuit and that would've been one of the few places to 'relax' and move over.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:03 AM

rich (lower) this is what you need .

http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk/prodd...l.asp?prod=FOGM
Old 12-16-2007, 02:11 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

:thumup:

i do need one of those. Mine's a cheap helmet, so the visor steaming up was a real problem. I will admit to more than a few scary moments where i exhaled rather heavily, my visor misted up, i couldn't crack my visor because i was wearing gloves before the corner, so i drove through a corner at speed with partial vision!
Old 12-16-2007, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by lower,Dec 16 2007, 11:11 AM
:thumup:

i do need one of those. Mine's a cheap helmet, so the visor steaming up was a real problem. I will admit to more than a few scary moments where i exhaled rather heavily, my visor misted up, i couldn't crack my visor because i was wearing gloves before the corner, so i drove through a corner at speed with partial vision!
now you tell me!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2007, 02:40 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE=JG,Dec 16 2007, 09:34 AM] I think that might have been my mate Simon in his first session straight after lunch having just got into it. You were certainly "on it" chilled
Old 12-16-2007, 03:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome day out, thanks to all who organised it and the BAT team

Nice to meet some new people as well and watch the S's out on track, they did very well I though

I've got some pictures to post up when I sort them out.

See you all soon.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honda S2000's for as far as the eye, could see..... (I'm short sighted )

Kiwi
Old 12-16-2007, 07:23 AM

Many thanks to the organisers for making yesterday happen. It was a great tribute for a top bloke, Peter. I'm sure he would have been proud of us all; I was.

It was nice to catch up with folks we hadn't seen for ages and to meet some new people. Unfortunately I didn't get chance to speak to some people on this thread as I did't know who they were.

Special thanks to Rich, Burnie and Dan for the rides. And to Graham, who's pics will be superb I'm sure.

We did get a bit emotional during the parade lap. We were right at the back and the sight of S2000's lining the track as far as you could see was really something special. We felt we were being led by Pete's spirit.

Well done everyone. A great day

Dave & Kathryn
Old 12-16-2007, 08:18 AM
Ade

Fantastic day! Really pleased that so many had taken the trouble to come out to remember Pete. Also good to do some catching up with old friends.

Felt very emotional though (particularly at the photo line up). We're still missing Pete a lot - and I guess we always will. I'm sure that he would have appreciated the turnout.

Thanks to Johnny, the organisers and the BaT team who made it a very special day.

Many thanks also to Aquila for letting me have a blast in his S, although I'm seriously out of practice at the wheel of a proper car, and didn't do the vehicle any justice at all.

Thanks to Craig and Rich for the passenger laps. Great driving guys!

Jude and Ade

Quick Reply: PJL Memorial Track Day - Donington, 15th Dec 2007