UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

S2KUK Airfield Day 16 October 2011

Old 10-16-2011, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome day, loved every minute, trying to upload my videos to youtube but it is being problematic! Will get them asap.

This is such an awesome event, so much fun, I never knew the S2k was such a capable car until now! Haha!

Here are the times from the last section FYI

Thanks everyone, great to meet all of you!

Graham
Old 10-17-2011, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by maby66
As usual, Paul F was a superb foil to my filth, while Wifey looked on in disgust. And Muffet - I thought that we could not get worse than the WD40 discussion at JAE, but the anal bleaching may just have pipped it.
It was you and PaulF who had the discussion on the advantages (or disadvantages) therein of anal bleaching. Nothing to do with me, I was just sat at the same table!

(By the way, you have an awful lot of photos of Paul driving his car, are you a tinsy bit in love with him, or just trying to get tips from the expert driver, Paul you were amazing )
Old 10-17-2011, 01:09 AM
UK Moderator

Received 301 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by missmuffet
or just trying to get tips from the expert driver, Paul you were amazing )
WTF??
Old 10-17-2011, 03:41 AM

Some comments from a first-time (and new owner) attendee:
Excellent organisation, catering for first-timers like me but also obviously meeting the needs of the regulars. Fast as you wish and more; tricky, safe with a logical structure of courses.
Not too many cars, so lots of driving (half a tank of fuel) and not a lot of waiting at all.
Noticeable how EVERYONE finished each run with an ear-to-ear grin on their face.
Also noticeable how my S2000 (acquired a month ago) tolerated my uncoordinated clutch-hostile starts, fluffed gear-changes (second-to-fifth anyone?) and over-enthusiastic braking; maybe in my imagination, it ran sweeter than ever on my drive to the station this morning.
This event was described as a session in getting to know your car up to and beyond it's capabilities (and your own) - this is SO accurate.
And such friendly help and support - fabulous weather, fabulous event.
Now I know what to do in the Tesco car park while waiting for my wife to do the shopping.......
Old 10-17-2011, 03:46 AM

Glad you all had a fabulous time
Old 10-17-2011, 03:54 AM

Some Vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvCAM2R-kQM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Ufh...eature=related
Old 10-17-2011, 03:54 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Bp5C51SVI
Old 10-17-2011, 04:00 AM

A great day (and great weather). Many thanks to Haroon for organising it, and to the Car Limits folk. I'll clearly have to do this next year! As usual, a great bunch of people to meet - hope to see you again.

I think we got through the day without anyone being sent home for speeding on the perimeter track - is that a first?

This event got me thinking about tyres and grip. As it may be of interest to a wider audience, I'll start a new post on the main forum about this.

Mike
Old 10-17-2011, 04:21 AM

One small comment - note on the scoreboard above that the two much-sorted Lotus Elise's (times at the bottom of the board) are just in the middle time-wise.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:26 AM

Another awesome day at car limits, thanks again to Haroon and everyone else involved.
Really good to meet people again, and good to see you in the pub afterwards. Just leaving when the gimp mask conversation got started was a wise move I feel :-)

My mate enjoyed it so much, he now is forced to admit that the S can be more fun than his Evo... I never thought I'd see the day ;-)

Here are the two videos we took, first one is him on pretty much the first time he has ever driven my car, and the second one is my lap where I got a bit carried away. Good job I needed new tyres anyway.

Hope to see some of you again soon, until next time

Dave A (Azbola)
Y594JMJ

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwGWlH_HcBk[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nap6hdR4WNU[/media]

Quick Reply: S2KUK Airfield Day 16 October 2011