UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

S2KUK Airfield Day 16 October 2011

Old 10-17-2011, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Originally Posted by missmuffet' timestamp='1318841301' post='21076117

or just trying to get tips from the expert driver, Paul you were amazing )
WTF??
FFS, poor Sammy having to deal with that inflated ego now!
Old 10-17-2011, 10:48 AM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stookystar
Originally Posted by lovegroova' timestamp='1318842545' post='21076130
[quote name='missmuffet' timestamp='1318841301' post='21076117']

or just trying to get tips from the expert driver, Paul you were amazing )
WTF??
FFS, poor Sammy having to deal with that inflated ego now!
[/quote]
On the day; Paul was a driving god
Old 10-17-2011, 12:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just got back a few hours ago, what a fantastic day I really enjoyed it! (I had a smile like a Cheshire Cat) it was my first time ever doing anything like this in my car. Thanks to Haroon for the organisation and showing me the ropes and to Paul F too, felt like a right retard as i got lost on the track layout sometimes . I should have done this years, I'm glad i did the 350mile trip down to Epping.

Was good to meet other people too

Unfortunately it all ended too soon , just as i was gaining confidence and getting to know the limits of the car, but the experience was priceless for me. It showed me how much of an amateur I am and also the limit/downfalls of my car. The IAT sensor reached 66Celcius yikes! (suffered heatsoak and retarded timing) and the brakes just couldn't cope after a while, i guess i was a bit naive thinking they would cope after speaking to Haroon etc.

My favorite bit was really going for it on the high speed bend, as Paul F can contest i was going sideways just past the first cone and ended up doing a 720deg spin and Haroon's cousin on a PAX ride when he was pulling on the passenger door handle through the chicane.

I only took a few pics and a video but here they are...

Added a little bit of comedy in the video as i really thought i was going to have to ring the RAC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGENH5MBY_M
Attached Thumbnails S2KUK Airfield Day 16 October 2011-airfield1.jpg   S2KUK Airfield Day 16 October 2011-airfield2.jpg   S2KUK Airfield Day 16 October 2011-onefortheroad.jpg  
Old 10-17-2011, 12:37 PM

Oooh.. had an extra flashback....Wifey "shaking her tailfeather" after lunch.
We must surely be the oddest bunch they have had there.....
Old 10-17-2011, 12:45 PM

I forgot to tell you AJ, I had to bump start my car as well yesterday because when I got to the airfield, I parked up and then was so busy pumping up Miss Muffet's tyres I forgot to turn off my headlights, DOH! Got back to the car about an hour later after the morning briefing, remarked to Dad "Ah, I forgot to turn the lights off, wouldn't it be funny if the car didn't start!" So i press the starter button, *tick tick tick* went the starter relay, SHIT! Had to get Dad and another very kind forum member to lend a hand and bump start the car and thankfully off she went. Failtown; Population me!

Graham
Old 10-17-2011, 12:51 PM

Unlucky that makes two of us, mine was odd no clicking of the relay all lights bright etc, but will investigate the battery tommorow. This morning is started fine!.

Good to meet you chap

BTW I got lost trying to find my way out of the airfield - topped off my DNQ laps throughout the day due to forgetting where to go
Old 10-18-2011, 06:03 AM

Great event, as per usual . Thanks to Haroon for organising and for Car Limits for a very well organised and varied day - the best one we've been to I think .

It was also great to meet everyone and see you all having such a great time

I've got tons of photos (as per usual ) - we'll try and get these loaded up by the end of the week so you can take personal copies.

PS I can confirm that Mr F is still able to get his head through the door despite the compliment from Miss Muffet
Old 10-18-2011, 08:51 AM

Looking forward to the pics.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by gbduo
I forgot to tell you AJ, I had to bump start my car as well yesterday because when I got to the airfield, I parked up and then was so busy pumping up Miss Muffet's tyres I forgot to turn off my headlights, DOH! Got back to the car about an hour later after the morning briefing, remarked to Dad "Ah, I forgot to turn the lights off, wouldn't it be funny if the car didn't start!" So i press the starter button, *tick tick tick* went the starter relay, SHIT! Had to get Dad and another very kind forum member to lend a hand and bump start the car and thankfully off she went. Failtown; Population me!

Graham

Aw mate I'm so sorry I feel responsible seeing as you looked after my tyres so well. Thanks so much
Old 10-18-2011, 11:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Another great day, roll on the next one. Must beat Dave on the MSA circuit next time! Or lure him up there for an MSA sprint?

My vids:

High speed bend (with spin):

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIkVoWCyG7s[/media]

Short circuit 1, not my fastest but with a big slide in the middle:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hyWp8Yg-D0[/media]

Quick Reply: S2KUK Airfield Day 16 October 2011