UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

SOUTH WALES MEET

Old 06-03-2008, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOUTH WALES MEET

Hi everyone......Not seen any meets for South Wales? Any Welshies here fancy arranging a meet.....I'll organise one just need to know how many of us are here?

I have recently moved from the SXOC and UKMKIV's Owners Club to this one as I have just Purchased an S2000 would love to chat to other owners learn about the car see others etc etc......post here if you fancy a meet
Old 06-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Dox

Hi Mart,

Welcome.
what did you buy?
Where are you based?
Old 06-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Dox

There are:

Soulcrew
Jmd2000
Aldfort (Oldfart)
Lukedon
redskel

mayby others but I can remember, I took my S out for a run on the weekend after not starting it for two months (work, new house and 13month old baby!!) but would be up for a reugular meet/
Old 06-03-2008, 03:29 PM

I could be interested, I live in Hereford which isn't far from the border... where would you be thinking of having this meet?

Kev
Old 06-04-2008, 09:36 AM

Hi Dox Im based in Swansea I bought a 2000 Model S2000 Silverstone/Red Leather ..... absolute dream of a car!!
One owner from new only covered 29,000 miles looks like it has just been driven out of the showroom.......had a look at 4 s2000 before I bought this one and it was by far the best....extremely well kept example near perfect id say even the seats look like they have never been sat in sooo happy I paid 11k for it.
Would like to meet other members now to learn about the car seem like a good bunch of guys on here....
I have already made a few changes....one being the head unit...I have changed that for an Alpine...and ditched the standard speakers in favour of some Alpine Components with tweeters mounted in the windscreen pillers looks ace sounds even better...I never knew you could get so much bass from a small set of components driven by just a 4x60 v-drive headunit......Im not into all the Subs and amps business the cars engine sounds too good to get too into my music lol
Where abouts are you based? Be good to meet up?
Mart
Old 06-04-2008, 09:38 AM

Hi Kev

Was planning on having a meet at Sarn Sevices Bridgend...and then convoy to the brecon beacons for a nice drive and photoshoot?
Old 06-04-2008, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Dox,Jun 3 2008, 02:55 PM
There are:

Soulcrew
Jmd2000
Aldfort (Oldfart)
Lukedon
redskel

mayby others but I can remember, I took my S out for a run on the weekend after not starting it for two months (work, new house and 13month old baby!!) but would be up for a reugular meet/
Hi Dox

Good to know we are not alone.......im in the same position as you.......doing up a house working overtime constantly and have a young son who I cannot take my eye off for 1 second!! lol

Still I manage to get the car out every day for the 50 mile round trip to work....its just my toy for work really....my wife has a BMW 330d Touring we use that when we go out as a family so dare I say there will not be a huge mileage going on the s2000 hopfully.....I plan on subtle modifications, and eventually a Supercharger.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Dox

Good colour/ Interior choice, I'm originally from Pontypridd but now in Mountain Ash. There have been a few meets in the past but numbers and attendance has been poor (me being most guilty)

I had my car just under three years and apart from the TCT rattling had no other problems, your car sounds mint. join this forum and you be able to post pics. Did your car belong to anyone of this forum?
Old 06-04-2008, 10:43 AM

Ok well lets get a good meet going this time then, I have a metallic vibrating sound when backing off at high revs and after a search in the forum it is something to do with the Clutch? but something people live with so I have read.....apart from that the car drives superbly and it really is in tip top shape.
I will arrange becoming a member shortly, I am a firm believer in supporting great clubs like these and have always done in the past clubs I have been a member of.
Aquilla Eagle told me to set a venue and date so here goes please sign up if you can make it.....apparently everyone trying to arrange a time to suite all never works so I'll set a day, date and time and we will go with that...I really hope we can get a good group together.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Here ya go:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=602201

Quick Reply: SOUTH WALES MEET