UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Adjustment To Hardtop?

Old 09-24-2002, 04:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustment To Hardtop?

Picked up the car on thurs last week - very chuffed indeed.

however there is a small gap where the hardtop pushes the seal open next to the drivers window, I have taken the top off for now, but is there any margin for adjustment when putting it back on? or is this a dealer adjustment?

cheers

warren
Old 09-24-2002, 04:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmm, I've just put my hard top on for the winter (!) and I'm getting a bit of wind noise from the same location. I'm also getting a rattle from the soft top which (until I get a passenger to verify it) appears to be tapping against the rear screen of the hardtop. I'm going to take the hard top off, put the roof up and down a couple of times, and put the hardtop back on again. Not a technical solution and I'm sure someone out there has a far better fix for both our problems...
Old 09-24-2002, 04:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Warren, I too have the hardtop. I would take it back to the dealer because you just got the car last week. Tell them the installation was not done correctly and they need to fix the problem! My dealer took hours and hours to get my top on for the first time and adjusted properly. Now it has been on & off a dozen times and I have no wind noise at all. Good luck.
Old 09-24-2002, 06:17 AM

You can do the adjustments yourself.
You just yank the plastic off the B pillar on the hardtop, and you'll see you can tweak the location of the spikes.
My hardtop refused to go back on after the first time I'd taken it off, so I got the dealer to come out to my home to refit it (after explaining that "no, I can't bring the hard top in, because it won't go on my car"... it took him about 10 minutes to adjust the locator pins, but it's much better now.
I would get the garage to do it... it's their job, and they should be the experts!
Old 09-24-2002, 07:44 AM

Phew! And I thought it was only me.

My roof has been on for the past 2 weeks. Yes, I'm also suffering from the soft top knocking against part of the clips underneath the rear window, and getting the wind noise from the same place.

I was thinking of wedging a bit of foam in the back to stop the knocking sound, bit of a hack but better than nothing.

I was passing through Brighton yesterday (saw 5 S2K in total) and decided to pop in to John Cooper Garages to check out a used NSX. One of the guys there took a look and reckoned the roof was on OK.

I am sure that the 01 demonstrator car I drove (which had roof on) had an instruction book about the roof, but my new 02 contained no information about the hardtop.

If I had not borrowed the demo car I would have been stuffed working out what to do with the roof as I've never owned a convertible before.

Has anyone got any official Honda hardtop instructions ?
Old 09-24-2002, 07:52 AM

I've only got what are called 'Installation/Removal Instructions' - i.e. how to take it off/put it on
Tif, I think. installed his own h/top - so must have some instructions
Old 09-24-2002, 07:56 AM

any chance of a photocopy ? I've got nothing with my car.

I also had to hassle the dealer to get the hardtop stand and cover...they didn't even know it came with one. Took two months before it arrived.

They first gave me a stand which they told me took 2 hrs to assemble. Only after reading this forum did I work out it comes in one piece and they were lying.

Bad performance really. I might have gone back to them for a new car in the future and for servicing, but it seems as if the popular Marshalls in Reading will get the work instead.
Old 09-24-2002, 08:15 AM

You can the installation instructions here:

http://www.handa-accessories.com/S2000/s2khardtop.pdf
Old 09-24-2002, 10:19 AM

Originally posted by Bozeman
any chance of a photocopy ? I've got nothing with my car.

I also had to hassle the dealer to get the hardtop stand and cover...they didn't even know it came with one. Took two months before it arrived.

They first gave me a stand which they told me took 2 hrs to assemble. Only after reading this forum did I work out it comes in one piece and they were lying.

Bad performance really. I might have gone back to them for a new car in the future and for servicing, but it seems as if the popular Marshalls in Reading will get the work instead.
I'll try scanning this evening