UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

After a 5-week hunt, it is great to have got one.....

Old 11-21-2015, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SammyPT
I had Eagle F1s in the front at some point and I'm not sure if I liked them. They feel very soft.It is a matter of taste or $ I guess.
Thanks for your feedback re Eagle F1's.

Originally Posted by bkz187
roof mod allows you to drop and raise the roof on the movehttps://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/593613-roof-mod/page__st__75__p__23261665__hl__roof+mod__fromsearc h__1#entry23261665UK Exhaust mod is also one to consider
Indeed the UK exhaust mod looks like is a must, especially since it does not involve changing the exhaust per se.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:46 AM

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,000 Posts

Gotcha on the "roof mod" to allow moving it when in motion.

-- Chuck
Old 11-21-2015, 01:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

@op yeah that's pink lady. She had two (both yellow and bought from new) as one spent its life with shock supports left in it for 12 months (naughty Honda) which bumped its guts about to the point of replacing the entire motor. Search her threads.
Old 11-21-2015, 01:39 PM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

OOOOO i love the s2000 in Indy Yellow, good find and in such great condition. Welcome
Old 11-22-2015, 01:28 AM

2008 was when my S was shipped out to Cyprus by the owner who was in the raf so may have been on the same base at the same time.

Just seen a 2000 plate S with 11,000 miles on it on auto trader. Good price too.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by har-vey
OOOOO i love the s2000 in Indy Yellow, good find and in such great condition. Welcome
Thank you. By coincidence this is my 5th Yellow car - 3 have been solid (Speed Yellow), but the other one, which I still have (Liquid Yellow), is very similar to New Indy Yellow.

Originally Posted by RattyS2k
2008 was when my S was shipped out to Cyprus by the owner who was in the raf so may have been on the same base at the same time.Just seen a 2000 plate S with 11,000 miles on it on auto trader. Good price too.
Interesting, but I think the two must have missed each other, since mine was first registered in Cyprus in April 2007, then brought into the UK around by its first owner in September 2007, and then sold to its second owner in September 2008, with 400 miles on the clock.

Indeed, had shortlisted that Berlina Black pre-facelift, but was a bit hesitant since it appeared not to have been serviced, ever - "First service is not due" had me concerned!

I thought that this one was a much better proposition - the seller appeared to be very professional too, and was very forthcoming when discussing the car: Only 2 owners from brand new with a superb service record

I think an even better prospect than the 2-owner S above, has just turned up: Honda S2000 2001, 37K miles, 2 owners from new and full Honda Service History (£7,995)
Old 11-22-2015, 11:29 AM

Great to see you went for it Lankan. It's a lovely looking motor!!
As per Lovegroova's link (and others) you'll see many objective and subjective views on tyres. Personally I prefer a firm sidewall of which I struggled to find a suitable fit for this requirement over the years as many are softer than desired.
Having gone through a number of varying, well rated tyres, the prospect of soft sidewalls doesn't feel me, personally, with joy. I'm back with the Bridgestones although I appreciate there are others that provide this attribute although there is the consideration of longevity. For some, part of the fun is finding the ideal by trying out different brands over time. I sense you may entertain this route
Old 11-22-2015, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by hammyS2
Great to see you went for it Lankan. It's a lovely looking motor!!
As per Lovegroova's link (and others) you'll see many objective and subjective views on tyres. Personally I prefer a firm sidewall of which I struggled to find a suitable fit for this requirement over the years as many are softer than desired.
Having gone through a number of varying, well rated tyres, the prospect of soft sidewalls doesn't feel me, personally, with joy. I'm back with the Bridgestones although I appreciate there are others that provide this attribute although there is the consideration of longevity. For some, part of the fun is finding the ideal by trying out different brands over time. I sense you may entertain this route
Indeed it was too good to pass up, so went for it as it ticked most boxes......

I hear what you say, and must admit the Bridgestone S02A's on my Alfa Romeo SZ (ES-30), which had incredible front end grip, were well suited to the characteristics of that car. Which Bridgestone tyre are you running; Potenza RE050A, the Potenza RE002 (front)+S001 (rear), or another compound?
Old 11-22-2015, 03:17 PM

He is already planning two mods. How long until he starts ordering aftermarket parts?
Old 11-23-2015, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by SammyPT
He is already planning two mods. How long until he starts ordering aftermarket parts?
Indeed it is tempting, but this one will most definitely stay OEM, except perhaps the UK exhaust mod. This S is in 'too original' a state to mess with, which is why I am going to replace the rear bumper to get rid of those aftermarket parking sensors.

Quick Reply: After a 5-week hunt, it is great to have got one.....