UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Anyone running HSD Monopro coilovers?

Old 01-05-2014, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running HSD Monopro coilovers?

Just wondered what you reckon to them? I was thinking of getting some in 12/10kg set up. They seem to come well reviewed for other cars but not seen much on them for S2000s!
Old 01-05-2014, 11:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Dan has these on his.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:48 PM

I have these on my s2k. Gives a firm but not crashy ride. Only bad thing i can say is that the bodies corroded quite quickly making adjustment difficult
Old 01-05-2014, 03:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yep ive got these. worth the money imo. better than bc and meister's etc.

the dampers seem to work well even with the stiff spring rates it doesnt feel overly stiff or crashy on a day to day basis. dont run them with 0-3 clicks on the dampers, they seemed to not do a good enough job damping the compressions. however, i turned them up to 5 clicks and have been great ever since.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:13 AM

How were they better than MeisterR/BC?
Old 01-06-2014, 05:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bear in mind that one person's opinion of not crashy / too stiff etc can vary drastically from someone else's.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2014, 10:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
How were they better than MeisterR/BC?
I'd also like to know this.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So there's 2 posts, one saying they rust and another saying you can't use all damping settings.. that's 2 points for MeisterR then.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On full soft the dampers were perfectly capable of giving a comfy ride on a day to day basis, when pushing on I found them to rebound a tiny bit too quick, hence me saying, when I put at least 3 clicks on it made it 'feel' better. 12/10 spring rates are pretty strong and with 'zero' damping wound on I'm sure it's a lot to manage. I also say 'zero' because one companies zero valving could be less than others.

I have had cars with all sorts of different suspension setups. I have found the hsd's to be the best all round 'budget' coilover. Coming in around £750 or something I found them to be the best bang for buck. All my friends who have been in my car, both people into cars to my dearest mother when asked have commented on how nice it rides and cannot believe it when I tell them the spring rates. (Obviously not my mother, she doesn't know about spring rates)

The threads are bare as previously said, and hsd are aware of the issues that this brings, they supply a separate coating that can be applied to the threads to keep them from corroding.

I've had meister r's, and bc's and found the hsd's to be better. If you find Meisters or bc or whatever else to be better, good for you, I'm just giving my opinion on what I personally have found. Bc broke on me and a lot of other people, Meisters were good, but I prefer my current setup.

With regards to the threads btw, i have never had a coilover collar seize, a bit of penetrating fluid and a shock with a drift moves them. That was the last thing on my mind when buying coilovers if there is a coating on the threads!

I did not post to give a definitive answer, I posted to give my very humble opinion. What coilovers have you used? What coilovers do you have? Do you like them? Why do you like them? Pretty simple stuff : )
Old 01-07-2014, 02:05 AM

So have you had all 3 sets of coilovers on the same S2000?

Quick Reply: Anyone running HSD Monopro coilovers?