UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Ayanami - Build Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 04:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaddow
Well after some unexpected purchasing last weekend, I now have a second set of wheels (Rota Torque's in a anthracite with concave face on rear) and a k-sport 6 pot big brake kit.....hope for some good weather this weekend so I can get the brakes fitted and see what the new wheels will look like.
Hmmmm.... Torque's or Grid Drifts....
Drifts
Old 02-05-2014, 05:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't mind me asking - how much did the wheels cost to get from the states? I'm looking at sourcing some in the UK - I haven't found them much cheaper in the states?
Old 02-05-2014, 05:44 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Scottland
If you don't mind me asking - how much did the wheels cost to get from the states? I'm looking at sourcing some in the UK - I haven't found them much cheaper in the states?
I sourced mine from LSD Motorsport in the states. They were spot on and fast turn around.
Cost wise, it was not much more than in the UK. Maybe £50 more, but worth it as Rota UK dont do the "Sports Bronze" colour or that offset with concave face. So overall I was happy to pay a bit more for UK unique wheels.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:34 AM

Started stripping my donor car and fitted the K-Sport 304mm 6pot brakes! Brakes fully bled with ATE Blue.
Oh my does it make a difference. Has some initial problems where I had to cut some of the heat shield away to make space for the caliper, and following a 10meter drive, it went back on stands to grind away some raised sections on the heat shield where it was contacting the disc and making one loud noise!
All good now with not a thing out of place.

Last night after work I then took the opportunity to remove the slam panel, clean it up and fit onto mine. It has a J's racing sticker on it, but not sure if its real or a different brand (Can anyone identify it? Its real CF with a very neat weave and looks well made).
This part again came from the donor and had the snorkel fitted. No snorkel for me just yet as it will foul my bonnet. At least it has the slot should I ever instal the snorkel.

Weekend plans are to bleed my clutch fluid through and replace with ATE Blue. (Following the Billman 2000 Guide)
Then to get cracking with The Heff's engine strip and documentation. With a bit of luck, ill have the engine completely stripped this weekend!

Then wash cars and spend some time to treat the S2K to some clay, polish and wax (Weather pending).
Old 02-16-2014, 01:53 PM

Ok, so today was spent mainly giving my civic a wash, but also fitted the meister extender to one side of the rear suspension to allow adjustment without removing all the trim. Small hole drilled and it fits very nicely. Unfortunately I could not do this on the RHS as the spare wheel will always get in the way.
Dont want to remove the spare wheel, as I have had to rely on it in the past.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the wheels, caliper, wheel nut combo!
Definitely my favourite style of wheel, very jealous
Old 02-17-2014, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by AshS2K
Love the wheels, caliper, wheel nut combo!
Definitely my favourite style of wheel, very jealous
Thanks,
Have to be extra careful with the wheels as they came from the states.
Had to go through a "bus only" section on weekend due to a silly long and thin width restriction. Sods law, just as I turn to use the "bus only" pass-through a copper comes round the corner. She gave me an evil look, but recon my hand gestures about "width" was sufficient and she went on her way!
Gutted the new wheels I recently procured wont fit (Torque Drifts in gunmetal). Silly 9.5J ET30.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

May have missed it but what does Ayanami mean?
Old 02-17-2014, 09:44 PM

Ayanami is just a name I chose taken from an Evangelion character.
Looking into it more, it also refers to a Japanese Fubuki class destroyer built around the 1930's.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:53 PM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaddow
Ayanami is just a name I chose taken from an Evangelion character.
Looking into it more, it also refers to a Japanese Fubuki class destroyer built around the 1930's.
Name of what, your car?

Quick Reply: Ayanami - Build Thread