UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Which is best to drive S2000 or Impreza Turbo

Old 02-15-2002, 09:55 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've just come back from the test drive..........

I phoned up a Honda dealer in Harragate and arranged a test drive.

Here's my opinion

Its good, real good

It looks great in the flesh and a push start button adds to the drama.
Inside I loved the driving position and I thought the interior was good for a jap car, but still very Japanese
I am not a big fan of the rev counter and speedo.

Now on to the driving...

I only drove it with the roof up, but I wish I'd put it down now.

It was faster than I thought and had decent power even when not in the power band. It took a bit of getting use too, the impreza's power is in the mid range while S2000 is a lot higher up, I changed gear to early sometimes, but I didn't want to screw his car to much.
I took it past 7000 revs a couple of times and it was I loved the sound of the engine and it's very addictive, it's like being in a race car past 6500.
I don't think it's as quick as the Impreza, but then again my driving style didn't help and I'd learn to use the revs better than I did.
Went up to 95mph and It wasn't as noisey as I thought, but the back window started to flap a bit. The new model has a solid window according to the sales men.
The steering has more feel than the impreza and was quite quick.
One thing I did notice is the ride, it's unrefined and the car rocked from front to back sometimes, also you could feel every bump and the ruff surface on the A1. However I liked this feeling and it's more race car like.

The level of grip is not as good as my current car, as I was coming back to the dealers, I turned off the round-about and had to make a quick left turn, but the front went wide, I had to put more lock on as I was heading for the kerb(opps).This wouldn't have happen in the Impreza, it would have just gone round.

Overall its good and still on the list, I do really fancy something different like the Honda.

Regards Adam