UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Blue Interior

Old 03-12-2012, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Nurburgring has black roof and interior otherwise I would have given the car a miss with blue interior.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:32 PM

My Nurburgring blue car is immaculate, blue leather interior, and I love it. Not cos of the colour, but because of what it does. The colour is fine. The machine is fabulous.
And its in Glasgow area if you want to see for yourself.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Blue nile
My Nurburgring blue car is immaculate, blue leather interior, and I love it. Not cos of the colour, but because of what it does. The colour is fine. The machine is fabulous.
And its in Glasgow area if you want to see for yourself.
I agree with liking the car due to what it does and should buy on condition, however, you do sit in the car and can see the colour so if you don't like it then some of us would not want to put up with it. I'm not sure what I would have done if I came across an immaculate blue interior car - I did avoid looking at them in the 1st place though.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:19 AM

There's not much on this forum that I can comment on as technically minded I am not!
However, shopping and colour is something I feel qualified to do.............

COLOUR
I looked at an 06 plate Nurby Blue when I was looking for my S2K and it looked great because it had a matching blue interior and more importantly a blue hood - the pale blue doesn't contrast with the black roof as well as the other colours as its a more subtle and toned down. On the Nurby Blue the dark blue hood works!
The only reason I didn't buy it was because him indoors insisted that I bought a car with VSA and this one didn't have it.

I agree with some of the other comments the full red interior and red dash are too full on.

SHOPPING
Distance should never be a blocker when you are looking to spend that amount of money on something you want rather than what you need! If the numbers add up ie mileage/age/price then as Mr Mercury said, ' get on your bike and ride'!

I had a few trips of varying distance which ended in no purchase but what they did was build my knowledge and help me decide exactly what I wanted.

I eventually travelled from Lincolnshire to Bristol to buy my S (3hours). I got the Honda sales manager to send me loads of pictures of the car; alloys, any marks/dints, seats, interior, even the service history! I negotiated delivery in with the deal but for a variety of reasons ended up fetching it myself so made two trips. The second was to drive the car home on a lovely sunny April bank holiday. When the rest of the country was watching some wedding that was going on we were driving up a deserted Fosse Way - brill!

So, my advice would be if the numbers stack up go and look and go with your first impression as far as colour combos go.

The acid test is when you pull up at the lights and look at the cars reflection in a shop window and think 'wow' with a huge smile on your face - I do!
Hope this helps, investing time and effort should never be considered a waste when it comes to shopping
Old 03-13-2012, 05:26 AM

I agree
Old 03-13-2012, 07:02 AM

Got no problem with travelling to see what I hope will be a good one - don't really fancy travelling 2-3 hours for something that looks revolting only to arrive and think "yeah, that does look revolting"