UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Bristol body shop

Old 08-04-2009, 03:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bristol body shop

Hey all,

I've decided to get the few dings I've picked up sorted as I'm considering selling up

I've seen Brin Jones has picked up a few recommendations here over the years, are they still the preferred body shop in Bristol? I've just got a parking knock just behind the left front wheel (some random idiot), and a cracked lip spoiler (this idiot) that needs fixing.

Alternatively, if someone could suggest a place where the work can be done well for a 'non-approved dealer' price that would also be excellent

cheers, chris
Old 08-04-2009, 05:47 AM

I've heard good things about Brin Jones too. I have used Central Body shop in Brislington 3 times. They did 2 amazing jobs and 1 pooe, however the poor one was put right very quickly with little fuss.

Brian Brothers near the Showcase Cinema were used by a mate and he was very happy. Hope that helps!

If it's only minor repairs Chipsway near Bath are good too in the area.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:11 AM

A few months I had a lapse of concentration and offered to lend my S2K to the other half. Leaving a car park she drove into a wall damaging the front left wing, bumper and wheel. I took it to Brin Jones for a quote though after a further 5 quotes from different places, they appeared to be triple the price of anywhere else.

I was recommended a garage called 'SprayedIt' in Bristol where I went and had the work down and was very happy with it all. Feel free to message me if ya want any more details, pics, contacts etc.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:02 AM

Thanks chaps, i'll had a feeling that would be the brin jones answer.

I'll get some quotes from these places, cheers
Old 08-06-2009, 02:18 AM

Mine's going back to BJ next week for them to look at the paint they did - it's separating in the laquer again

I went along with the whole 'Honda approved' thing but they seem to treat Hondas as second class over Porsche and the like I'm holding my breath as to whether they'll redo it as this is the 2nd time and last time they said it couldn't be guaranteed as Muzzsjm says they are also VERY pricey and I suspect they didn't blend many of the panels as the paperwork says as it's clear when polished that the colour is slightly out. The hours of machine polishing they always quote also seems dubious as last time there was loads of overspray which I had to point out and get rubbed off

I'm holding my breath at the moment
Old 08-06-2009, 02:29 AM

Hi Chris, Brin Jones is our official Honda Bodyshop for both Bristol & Bath area, you will find either Mark Jones or Lee very helpful as they are S2 enthusiasts, Central Bodyshop in Brislington is the Honda overflow bodyshop & usually (although i backed my Mum's car 4 times for rectification) pretty good.
However their is an independant called VMW Motors at Frampton Cotterell (near Yate) James Woodman the Bodyshop Manager is the most meticulous guy i have ever worked with & their paint & body shop turns out a superb job. Plus they usually have some unusual kit there to have a look at, i was there 3 weeks ago & saw an original Capri Cologne, TR3a, Healey 3000, original 635CSi & more.
PM me if you need any more assistance.