UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Car insurance

Old 06-13-2008, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car insurance

Every frickin year - this bores the pants off me

My quote from Flux is
Old 06-13-2008, 04:52 AM

HI,
I'm just going through the same thing, but for the first time am eligible for Chris Knott's discount, having had my S for a whole year!
I tried confused.com, which came back with good quotes from Elephant & Admiral (same thing). Almost too good to be true in fact, so I called Elephant and am just waiting for an email to confirm it...
Your 3 points will obviously load things up a bit, but hang in there! You only need one decent quote, then get CK to sort you out.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:52 AM

Why not try somewhere like confused.com or comparethemarket.com as a starting point and let them do some of the comparison legwork for you....?

As for why Flux are more expensive, that's their business model. Decent quote to get you in then no effort at all to keep it competitive on renewal - they rely on inertia and hope you'll just renew.

I insured with them one year and got a piss-take renewal quote. I got a much cheaper one elsewhere, phoned them up to get my NCD proof and they said they would match the better quote. WELL WHY DIDN'T YOU OFFER IT TO ME IN THE FIRST PLACE THEN?!

I of course know very well why they didn't - but that REALLY irritates me, so I wouldn't renew on principle as they had tried to shaft me.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Lurking Lawyer,Jun 13 2008, 01:52 PM
Why not try somewhere like confused.com or comparethemarket.com as a starting point and let them do some of the comparison legwork for you....?
That's what I did Mark.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Lurking Lawyer,Jun 13 2008, 12:52 PM

As for why Flux are more expensive, that's their business model. Decent quote to get you in then no effort at all to keep it competitive on renewal - they rely on inertia and hope you'll just renew.

I insured with them one year and got a piss-take renewal quote. I got a much cheaper one elsewhere, phoned them up to get my NCD proof and they said they would match the better quote. WELL WHY DIDN'T YOU OFFER IT TO ME IN THE FIRST PLACE THEN?!

I of course know very well why they didn't - but that REALLY irritates me, so I wouldn't renew on principle as they had tried to shaft me.

I had a renewal from them. Thought, fair neough, but I better phone them up to tell them that I had been banned.

Did that and it went down
Old 06-13-2008, 05:03 AM

Ah. Fair enough. You didn't say that though, so I won't feel too bad about suggesting it

As an aside, do you REALLY take your pants off when you're very bored....?
Old 06-13-2008, 05:13 AM

I just got a renewal for 860 quid, went on confused dot com and got same thing for 580 quid so left present insurer
Old 06-13-2008, 05:15 AM

Sorry Mark - I assumed moneysupermarket would be about the same thing.

I've just done confused.com and the cheapest is
Old 06-13-2008, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Lurking Lawyer,Jun 13 2008, 01:52 PM

Lurking Lawyer makes a good point about renewal retention. I can't speak for Flux personally about renewal retention but i have heard of many companies who for some reason increase premiums at renewal when there's no justification.

It is a lot to do with client inertia & people have said to me they can't be bothered to check their price, which feeds the situation.

It is a big gripe in the market - hence the reason we have a renewals department who ensure the premium stays competitive. In fact, if there's no change in circumstances, historically there is rarely an increase in premium at renewal at all.
I know - i worked in that department for 5 years!

I think you have to be pro-active and look around at renewal, whether you're happy with the price or not because you could find good discounts off that!
Old 06-13-2008, 05:28 AM

Just done mine.

Phoned one place - "nope, can't match".

Phoned the other - "okay, and it's

Quick Reply: Car insurance