UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

A Conundrum , Why Did I start

Old 02-02-2013, 04:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I say yes, keep up the updates and progress, been an interesting read so far :-)
Old 02-02-2013, 04:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes! There aren't enough threads like this, its always interesting to see what others are up to.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:45 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I have thread somewhere. I'll update it soon.

Done the same as you, except I fitted a charger aswell.

I had to change my brake lines. I bent and flared my own, cost about £25.

Good work though
Old 02-03-2013, 12:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you considered replacing your brake pipes with Flexi's, especially the ones that are difficult to get to?If you have got the lengths Ben at Hel performance us a great guy to deal with.I did consider doing it on mine but decided I had enough on my plate as it was.

Any perticular reason you chose that colour for your Subframes?... It's very Gay, you wouldn't catch me doing mine that colour....
Old 02-03-2013, 12:22 AM

Just an observation but you look very comfortable and spoilt in the picture....

At no point during my whole project have I been comfortable or spoilt.Also I like the idea if building the whole lot up and then fitting it in one piece.But having said that being Billy no mates and working on my own I would have seriously struggled to get that beast lined up and bolted into place.

I love the time patience and attention to detail you are putting into the job.It makes the car feel like it is part of you.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:28 AM

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Mr Pitts , i havent considered flexible hoses, but somewhere i would still have to join in with the old rigid pipe, would i not ? or are you saying flexible all the way back to the ABS manifold ? I have yet to speak to my son but i dare say he can bring a flaring tool home from work and making up a short section form where my HEL flexe's start to center of car should not be a big job.

Yes imitation is the finest form of flattery, I like blue, unless specified we paint all of our lift steel work blue at work. Could have gone for pink , good for desert camo !

I might get my stainless tank shield next week we will see how that looks against "bottom blue" and silver wishbones.

You get to an age when your shed is your second home, she is only to pleased for me to be with my Mistress the shed, not quite finished the training for the supply of tea and buns, the frequency of supply is still a tad haphazard
Old 02-03-2013, 12:47 AM

Great! I love it, my wife hates me being in the garage, but she see's it as a means to an end. The more bits I bolt to the car the more of the house she can reclaim.

Regarding the Flexi's Ben will fit and supply whatever ends/ unions that you need, so if you needed a female end on the hose it's possible. It would allow you to have a future proof brake pipe setup which would be more accessible for any future skulduggery.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:51 AM

So did you take your pipes in flex all the way back then ?
Old 02-03-2013, 02:07 AM

No I didn't, but I did consider it. My car will only ever be summer use only so it's something I can do in the future.It might be worth speaking to Ben and getting a price for the car length one. You could run it through the plastic tunnel that the petrol pipes go through.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:19 AM

A few silly pictures of man in the garage , and just to make MR Pitts jealous tea and crumpet!

ANd now sent to shower with the Cilit Bang!

All rusty

After a bit of de-rusting

Quick Reply: A Conundrum , Why Did I start