UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

The end of an era

Old 08-12-2011, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should have bought this car, so well done on beating me to it and enjoy it
Old 08-12-2011, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by pop80_uk
I should have bought this car, so well done on beating me to it and enjoy it
Sorry to hear that. I too got beat to two S2ks in the last week so know that feeling well.

Here is some evidence that she's being well cared for Dave. A big thanks to Paul (S2K NUT) for claying the car this evening. She was then treated to the porter cable with Poorboys SSR 2.5 and finished with P21S carnuba wax applied by hand.

Can't wait to see the car in the daylight (if this rain ever stops! )

Old 08-13-2011, 06:35 AM

Ah the old girl scrubs up good.
Looks like I'll be spending some of the money I got for her on detailing equipment. Thanks for the advice.
Cheers Barry.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:20 PM

Fantastic day! Hard top off, hood down. That is what S2K ownership is all about. As my brother said "there is something about driving with no roof that is soo good". Made up with the car and how its scrubbed up. The new red/back leather OEM honda '09 seats really set it off too. Picked them up from TDI Warrington and had them fitted within half an hour.

Pics:

PS I will have to get round to sanding the rad brackets down and re-painting. OCD OCD

Jobs to do list:

Honda red car mats
new gear knob (same as whats in)
silver S2000 radio cover
Old 08-13-2011, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by tailhappy
PS I will have to get round to sanding the rad brackets down and re-painting. OCD OCD
Like these. A light sand and some black paint.....sorted

[attachment=7573:Engine Bay.JPG]

Car looks great .
Attached Thumbnails The end of an era-engine-bay.jpg  
Old 08-13-2011, 01:47 PM

Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts

Seats look lush Baz... I'm thinking are you gonna get red leather door inserts to match? Lovely looking car in black, you'll need to get used to washing it though with our northern rain lol.. Won't be long before I join the fold. Will need to speak with Paul when I find one myself ;-)
Old 08-14-2011, 04:02 AM

I think the word I'm looking for is "mint". Nice work Barry.

Regarding the gearknob - can you not just take it off and polish it up. You could even fill the gear numbers with red/black paint then polish the whole thing so they wouldn't look as if you'd hand painted them if you catch my drift? Just a thought as I think it's only the lacquer that's started to come off - it was like this when I got it and I concluded it was the wedding finger ring of a previous owner that had done the damage.

Dave
Old 08-14-2011, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by DaveB
I think the word I'm looking for is "mint". Nice work Barry.

Regarding the gearknob - can you not just take it off and polish it up.

Dave
Top tip thanks Dave. Will give that a try first.

Took the car for a blast yesterday on the Evo Triangle (round lake Bala) in North Wales with Nut and a few DC2 integras. The roads were amazing and the car was a real hoot (so free revving and that noise!) . The engine and gearbox on this car are epic! I said to my other half "I should be back at 2 pm ish" when I left the house at 8 am. Rolled it at 5.30 pm Never even stopped for dinner. Just kept driving and driving

Old 08-14-2011, 11:07 PM

Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts

Sounded like a great day... 5pm though Jess would have my guts for garters!.. Liking the last pic, i'm visioning another s2000 joining you soon... but it would have to be a different colour (Jess is starting to like Nurby though, but will not allow Silverstone due to having one before....women!)
Old 08-15-2011, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by s2k4tony
Sounded like a great day... 5pm though Jess would have my guts for garters!.. Liking the last pic, i'm visioning another s2000 joining you soon... but it would have to be a different colour (Jess is starting to like Nurby though, but will not allow Silverstone due to having one before....women!)
Yeah I definately have an understanding wife. Cool so I'll be running with 2 Nurbys in the future by the looks of things!

It was funny my mate with the DC2 had a go and was terrified by the way it drove. The look on his face as he threaded through a compression was that of pure nivarna changing to sheer horror at what was unfolding at the back end But thats the appeal of this car to me. It is an animal to drive on those T1-Rs when you starting pushing on a bit but as they say its all to do with the right foot. Thread the power in nicely mid corner in the dry and your fine.

Quick Reply: The end of an era