UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Exhaust mod

Old 10-19-2012, 02:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i heard my exhaust for the first time yesterday from the outside... it is beautiful. it is much louder than i thought... because from Inside the car, it is quiet as and i always wondered if that $150 i had spent was worth it...

But the sound from the outside is actually quite different from the vid i posted up earlier. im not sure how to replicate it. i might try to get a friend to drive next to me with the pic on his car and ill do some drivebys.

anyways, if i were to do it again, id pick 38mm.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-19-2012, 04:56 AM
jsh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 38 mm and it sounds almost exactly like Dixons Nurbergring video in his ultimate build thread

John .

For those interested I will be trying my damndest to get to the Ricky run on the 28th
Old 10-19-2012, 05:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jsh
I have 38 mm and it sounds almost exactly like Dixons Nurbergring video in his ultimate build thread
That sounds very nice indeed!! The 32mm vs 38mm dilemma continues. Just as well I've got until the winter to choose
Old 10-19-2012, 05:09 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jsh
Somehow I doubt that
Old 10-19-2012, 09:08 AM

Oh my goodness how many times do I have to say it? The reason the oz one sounds like it does is BECAUSE THE MICROPHONE IS NEXT TO THE EXHAUST! If you don't believe me then stick a microphone next to your exhaust and try it. Frankly I fail to see how pipe diameter of 38vs32 will make a huge difference given how massively the exhaust gas will have slowed by the time it actually gets to the rear silencers. I have no horrible noises, it's perfectly civilised. 38mm+ FTW
Old 10-19-2012, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by bigbramble
Oh my goodness how many times do I have to say it? The reason the oz one sounds like it does is BECAUSE THE MICROPHONE IS NEXT TO THE EXHAUST! If you don't believe me then stick a microphone next to your exhaust and try it. Frankly I fail to see how pipe diameter of 38vs32 will make a huge difference given how massively the exhaust gas will have slowed by the time it actually gets to the rear silencers. I have no horrible noises, it's perfectly civilised. 38mm+ FTW
I agree with this. The YouTube video he posted came with notes clearly stating that the mic was in the boot. The real sound is definitely not like that. Be assured that it won't sound like a chavvy Nova SR!

Surely the bigger the diameter, the deeper the tone? I can't imagine it'd make much difference to the volume... unless you decat.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:26 PM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbramble
you tell em
Old 10-19-2012, 12:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Montag
Originally Posted by bigbramble' timestamp='1350666503' post='22095108
I agree with this. The YouTube video he posted came with notes clearly stating that the mic was in the boot. The real sound is definitely not like that. Be assured that it won't sound like a chavvy Nova SR!

Surely the bigger the diameter, the deeper the tone? I can't imagine it'd make much difference to the volume... unless you decat.

That would explain why it sounds so noisy and booming but not the off throttle farting sound. But that could just be the diameter he used then I guess...
Old 10-20-2012, 12:19 PM

Well, got mine done today by Raymondo.

32mm pipe and all I can say is that the sound is ace. Definitely going to be hard pushed to swap out this exhaust for one of those Dreadfully Manufactured Shite non-OEM ones...
Old 10-20-2012, 05:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sound_wave
Well, got mine done today by Raymondo.

32mm pipe and all I can say is that the sound is ace. Definitely going to be hard pushed to swap out this exhaust for one of those dreadfully manufactured shite non-OEM ones...
So I can't persuade you to buy my hardly used midget cannon then?

Quick Reply: Exhaust mod