UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

The Garage Blog

Old 07-26-2015, 02:32 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona-Dave
STOP with all this VAG talk I had to have a tablet and lie down when I got home, cancer causing smelly rattle baskets
Hahahaha!!!! Deep down, we all know you love these sooty wagons
Old 07-26-2015, 03:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Fuel of the devil!
Old 07-26-2015, 04:22 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona-Dave
STOP with all this VAG talk I had to have a tablet and lie down when I got home, cancer causing smelly rattle baskets
Careful ,I have a new one and it's bigger than the A3.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:31 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

A great couple of days down at Daytona this weekend. It's been a very busy and full work load.

Lee has not been happy with the spring rates on the BC's for months now. Under advisement and consideration from some track time he decided to purchase an 8/6 spring set. The old 10/10 spring were whipped off and the new ones installed. Hopefully that will make B-roads a pleasure again.

Unfortunately G's engine decided to have a little end failure last week. So it's been a busy week in all for Ray, getting the car on, inspection of the bores to confirm the issue and diagnostics of the cause.

Since a failure on Saturday, G has picked up a new engine and with a lot of help from Ray and the NW Crew we have finished today installing a replacement unit. 7 days from dead to revived, almost sounds biblical. Lovely sounding engine and will hopefully cause no issues.

All in all a great weekend, lots of laugh and true highlight of such a great community that's been established. Thanks yo everyone involved for getting everything sorted, and a huge thanks to Ray for everything (time, knowledge, garage, tools, help etc etc).
Old 08-02-2015, 08:41 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Glad to have aided in sourcing the engine for Graeme. Good quick turn around.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good for another 150k+ miles now then!
Old 08-02-2015, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtunreal
A great couple of days down at Daytona this weekend. It's been a very busy and full work load.

Lee has not been happy with the spring rates on the BC's for months now. Under advisement and consideration from some track time he decided to purchase an 8/6 spring set. The old 10/10 spring were whipped off and the new ones installed. Hopefully that will make B-roads a pleasure again.

Unfortunately G's engine decided to have a little end failure last week. So it's been a busy week in all for Ray, getting the car on, inspection of the bores to confirm the issue and diagnostics of the cause.

Since a failure on Saturday, G has picked up a new engine and with a lot of help from Ray and the NW Crew we have finished today installing a replacement unit. 7 days from dead to revived, almost sounds biblical. Lovely sounding engine and will hopefully cause no issues.

All in all a great weekend, lots of laugh and true highlight of such a great community that's been established. Thanks yo everyone involved for getting everything sorted, and a huge thanks to Ray for everything (time, knowledge, garage, tools, help etc etc).
Indeed it was a productive weekend.

Graham's new engine is an absolute gem. Bore inspection showed crosshatching still evident which is the first time I have seen it on an F20C.

Went out for a run and it sounds sweet as a nut!

Nice to see everyone pitching in and getting stuff done and glad to see Graham back on the road, even if he is minus a bike
Old 08-02-2015, 09:31 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Toms1989
Glad to have aided in sourcing the engine for Graeme. Good quick turn around.
Yeah a good find that Tom , and if G had passed it would have being sat on my floor
Old 08-02-2015, 09:59 AM

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Good stuff!!

Was hopping to pop over at some point today but didn't get time :-(

Geo's next G?
Old 08-02-2015, 12:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, many MANY thanks to the North West guys for everything that has happened over the past week.

This time last week I have my car a good old booting (as many of us do) not knowing the chain reactions of things that were going to go wrong.

After booting it a little too hard I heard a noise, so I made a video of it and sent it to the lads at the garage to hear their opinions.

SUNDAY/MONDAY - everyone chipped in as to what might be the cause and it was determined that they need to look at my car in person.

TUESDAY - I trailered the car up to Daytona Auto's for Ray to look at it (in his own time as he was busy with work) and it came back that my engine was officially on life support and wouldn't make it.

WEDNESDAY - after speaking to yet another NW lad I was all ready to get another engine and that was done and again trailered up to Daytona Auto's.

THURSDAY/FRIDAY - constant discussions between mates in the NW group as to the factor of my old engine failing and to hopes and good wishes my new engine would solve all my problems.

SATURDAY - as some of you will know a few of us meet at the Garage on a Saturday to tinker with all of our cars and have a bit of friendly banter because that's what we enjoy doing. Well yesterday there was a slight difference, instead of tinkering with wheels, suspension setups, geo's and anything else we fancy doing we were doing we all got together and performed an S2000 HEART TRANSPLANT!

My dead engine was going and my new engine was being prepared. The day started at 8:30 and it was straight away hands on and on a side not I've learnt more over these passed few day about my car than I ever knew!

SUNDAY - new heart going in, the day began again at 8:30 and everyone was straight on it (again more banter was had) and as a result my car is back to full Heath.

So within 1 WEEK my car broke, was diagnosed, prepped for its new engine transplant with both old engine stripped and new engine obtained, and then installed and set up so it's driving better than ever!

That would all not have been possible if if weren't for a group of mates who most people on here know as the North West Lads.

So to finish off I want to give a huge thanks to everyone who helped out over the passed week, especially Saturday and Sunday, even if you didn't get your hands dirty popping and getting the butties or popping and getting some biscuits and munchies for everyone else was still much appreciated and I owe you all a great Thank You!

See you all next Saturday for some more banter.