UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Geo/suspension bolts

Old 11-12-2012, 04:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Geo/suspension bolts

I bought a set of secondhand geo/suspension bolts in case any of mine are seized or knackered, mainly as a precaution so that I've got everything I could possibly need once I start the job.

Just spent a little time cleaning them up and have noticed that there are four bolts/nuts that are like smaller castor adjustment bolts, they have round plates that fit over flats on the bolt and some sort of alignment markings on them. Well these plates have a bit of wear on them and are not a close fit on the 'flats'. Will this cause an issue???

I've nearly got everything I need and am hoping to get it in the garage where the work will be done next week.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:26 AM

I reckon they will be fine. Might be worth getting your garage to sand blast them all before putting them in?
Old 11-12-2012, 07:37 AM

They've cleaned up really nicely with a wire brush, wire wool and some paraffin. Most of them are clean and like brand new, a couple have some corrosion on the shafts, but i'm hoping that i won't need to use them all anyway!
Old 11-12-2012, 08:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds liek the Toe adjustment bolts.

they should be fine, just use plenty of coper slip.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What are you going to replace the bushes with if they're seized?
Old 11-12-2012, 08:41 AM

Got a full set of Powerflex bushes including compliance bushes and stainless castor bolts, pluc a set of BC coilovers, all sat here ready to go on. Thinking about replacing the bottom coilover mounting bush with poly ones as well, can't decide if its worth it or not.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:37 PM

I did mine,thought as i was doing all that working stripping it down i might aswell replace the lot.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by 954chris
Got a full set of Powerflex bushes including compliance bushes and stainless castor bolts, pluc a set of BC coilovers, all sat here ready to go on. Thinking about replacing the bottom coilover mounting bush with poly ones as well, can't decide if its worth it or not.
you're a brave fella! I hope you do realise how stiff it will be? Did you consider the Mugen bushes?
Old 11-14-2012, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by bkz187
Originally Posted by 954chris' timestamp='1352742090' post='22145554
you're a brave fella! I hope you do realise how stiff it will be? Did you consider the Mugen bushes?
its not stiff IMO, i felt the car to be more planted than OEM bushes as the car had a better GEO so was a smoother ride.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:32 AM

I did loads of research on here, and there's loads of conflicting opinions, so in the end the cheaper Powerflex kit won out as it included all bushes in one kit, plus the ebay seller made a mistake in his listing and included the castor adjustment bolts in the kit price, which he then honoured, so i got a bit of a result! I suspect the ride to be slightly stiffer, but plan to run the coilovers on a fairly soft setting for the road, with the option to firm it up for track days, and a long awaited re visit to the Nurburgring in spring :-)

Quick Reply: Geo/suspension bolts